Unexpected Romance - Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Summer, my favourite time or year. The one time of year that I don't have to worry about magic, evil wizards taking over the world, or bullies constantly bugging me and my friends.

Oh, I'm sorry, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Melanie Knight, and I'm 16 years old. My parents died when I was a baby, so I was put in an orphanage. When I was 5, I was adopted by a loving family; Mr. and Mrs. Knight, but they died when I was 10. I've been living with my Nana for the last 6 years of my life. I should probably also mention that I am a witch, in my 7th year and Hogwarts. My best friends are Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and Harry Potter. We have been best friends since we first met on the Hogwarts express our first year.

Anyway, getting back to the story, it's the summer between my sixth and seventh year at Hogwarts, and as usual, I'm helping Nana clean up the house.

[knock knock knock]

"Nana! Someone's at the door!" I screamed down the hall.

"Can you get that honey, the dog got stuck in his doggie door again!"

"Yeah, I got it!"

I ran to the door and yanked it open. The 2 people standing there were the last people I ever expected to see. I stood there, completely speech less, staring at the 2 men. All of a sudden, my mind registered who it was and I slammed the door in their faces.