Twenty

"Well I'll be damned, Harry Styles actually showing up to work, it must be April fool's." Zayn joked as he and Calum entered the office and encountered, much to his surprise, his friend sitting at the desk shifting through some reports of their last cocaine shipment. 

"Don't you guys live together?" Calum questioned, amused. Harry rolled his eyes, gaze briefly resting on Calum's arm which was healing and was now in a sling before looking up at the two men with an annoyed expression. 

"Exactly, I don't know why he's acting like we didn't leave the house together." Harry pointed out and Zayn laughed;

"Yes, we leave the house together but we never end up at work together. You're always running off doing God knows what." He said but he and Harry both knew what Harry spent most of his time doing and so with a smirk he added, "Or doing God knows who." Harry scowled at Zayn's joke while Calum laughed, thinking they were just talking about Harry's frequent visit to brothels. 

"You're in a good mood," Calum remarked, playfully punching Zayn with his free arm. "Where's boring and brooding Zayn and what have you done with him?" 

"Fuck off you or I'll fuck up your other arm." Zayn threatened jokingly, putting an arm around Calum's neck, pulling him towards his body as he rubbed his hair with his knuckles. Calum laughed, pushing Zayn off of him and if anyone else had watched this scene, you'd have no idea that these three men were fearless and lawless criminals with enough crimes on their back to keep them in jail for life. 

Harry narrowed his eyes, Zayn had been in awfully good mood recently and although he knew it was because of Rose, he would never open his mouth to admit it. The two were inseparable, Rose having seemingly moved in as she was always everywhere, and even if she wasn't around, Harry would smell her scent whenever he went to speak to Zayn in his room, or sometimes they'd have no milk but they they'd have that nasty rice milk stuff because apparently "Rose was allergic to lactose." Harry was trying to be supportive, Louis' words swirling in his head like a constant reminder, but he hated seeing Zayn happy with her, he wanted Zayn to find someone, Zayn deserved that, but again, and Harry would go to his grave confessing this, Rose simply did not deserve him and he just had to find a way to prove that. 

A series of vibration in his pocket distracted Harry from his thoughts and Harry took the object, a smile reaching his face when he saw the simple text from Aurelie. 

Geoffrey just came up with a new bagel recipe, we have to try it!

He quickly replied, fingers typing up a response before he could even think about what to say. 

Of course, later in the afternoon perhaps?

He fidgeted nervously, knowing it would take Aurelie quite a while to type up a response, he recalled the first time he saw Aurelie use her phone to send a message, the simple of action of sending a text suddenly becoming some form of art as Harry watched her with wide eyes. Her movements were slow, her finger knowing exactly where to go as if she had the screen memorized, after she was done, the message would be replayed out loud and she'd press send if she were satisfied. The topic of bagels suddenly became interesting to Harry as he and Aurelie would often talk about the wonders of the circular shaped bread and Aurelie eventually promised that she would introduce him to the beauty of a proper French baguette. Again, if you looked at the contents of Harry's text with Aurelie and then location at which he found himself, a warehouse in the middle of nowhere filled with thugs, drugs, guns, torture and murder, you'd wander if Louis was right and Harry was indeed in bipolar. And as Zayn watched his friend, frowning slightly at the goofy smile that was on display as Harry looked down at his phone, he wondered the exact same thing, what was wrong with him? Well, as long as he wasn't hurting her or anybody else, Zayn wasn't eager to find out or worry himself sick with it, Harry seemed happier and he supposed that that was what counted.