Chapter 1 - The Gas station

Lily Valerie was tired and worn to her very last bone. She trudged down the stairs of the building she worked in. The walls were a boring brown, the floors white tiles speckled with black dots, and glass doors lined down the halls. Stairs more stairs, and three elevators.

She questioned why didn't she get on one.

There were three floors, and she had to share a large room with other co-workers, and her area was separated by her desk. She had a rolling chair, pens, pencils, files, folders, etc. She worked in human resources for one whole year. She thought the pay was fair.

It was wet, cold, and reeked of a dumpster as she exited the building. Outside the sky was gray, and foggy, and clouds scattered it. She predicted it was going to rain. Just fantastic.

Her friends Cherry Morrow, Angelica Leen, and Andy Lou begged her to buy a couple of things. She only had to walk two more miles to reach her apartment. It was close to the office. It made her life a little easier.

She clutched a brown bag close to her, the contents were chips, chocolate, and an eight-pack of beer. She didn't like this area she had to pass to her apartment. It was vacant, with no one for another mile. Strange the place was deadly silent. The rain had let up, but not for long.

It was pouring down vigorously, drenching her in its horror. She saw silvery eyes shining back at her, and bright blond hair. It was her peering back through a puddle. Her hair stuck to her forehead annoyingly drizzling rainwater onto her red tennis shoes.

She kept swiping it over, but it stayed on her face. The rain didn't help it. Why not rest? A voice in her head tempted her and she gave in to it happily.

She sat down in front of an anemic-looking gas station, it appeared abandoned. It was old, and shaggy the windows were dim, some shattered. It gave off a haunting vibe. She kept her gaze frozen on a spot. Something moved. White eyes shot out of the blackness, glowing eerily. She slowly lifted her arms and legs to stand up off the chipped woody bench.

It creaked unpleasantly as she did this. It probably hadn't been sat on for years now. Unless people were silly enough to rest here next to what looked like a haunted gas station.

"W-who are you?" She voiced out loud. Stumbling onto her feet, without knowingly meaning to, she began drawing closer to see it. Her body was moving on its own as if curiosity had placed a spell on it. She was close enough now to peek through one of the shattered windows bravely or stupidly. However, she saw nothing. The person was gone.

"Oh, well...then.." She turned to leave when suddenly she felt a large cold leathery hand on the sleeve of her black jacket. She turned her head ever so slightly, to see a glimpse of what she saw earlier but only clearer this time. Its claws dug deep into her flesh, burning her skin with pain. The creature was tall, estimated at around eight feet. Its eyes were pearly white, the skin an ugly gray, and it was somewhat muscular. It looked odd, but more than odd pissing-your-pants-worthy.

"..L-let me go! Y-you...monster!" She squirmed helplessly, in its grasp. It was too strong and large for her to break from it.

Lily thought, well this is it...I'm going to die.

Images flashed before her as the creature lifted her feet off the ground. Her heart thudded hard and fast in her chest madly. She was shaking like a person who had a few screws loose. The images were memories, memories of her loved ones. Happy memories. Losing now like this tore her heart open. She didn't want to die yet.

Its beady white eyes stared at her glassy ones. She felt her stomach just drop. Her struggling, kicking, and punching made it worse. She was bleeding even more. A bright red liquid flowed out from her arm trickling into rain puddles and mixing with them making red water. It sickened her. She needed to do something fast.