Chapter XXVI

Before the ink is dry on its page, two years passed since that day.

The remote orange sun was beginning to set, half of its body submerged in the waters of Yunmeng's lake that reflected a quivering arc. Its surroundings were tinted with a light shade of red, evidence of the sun's flaming brilliance earlier in the day. The majestic mixture of colorful light made the passersby's mouth agape in awe. Luminous rays shot up from its corners, the thin clouds leisurely melted along with its surroundings, its existence slowly disappearing to nothingness.

On the opposite side was the moon, little by little, making its way up the sky that was gradually dimming. The somnolent vault of heaven was filled with glimmering fervent beads comparable to diamonds, although, the tall primeval trees which now became silhouettes, their faintly greening luster now hiding with the darkness, against its light blocked the beauties from flaunting.

Paddles splashed softly against the still waters, boats began to flow back to the docks, their harvests of the day in hand as they walked home to their families. The lake grew quiet once again as night began to fall. The air deliberately turned cold, letting the people finally breathe a sigh of relief after suffering the hot day.

The houses were empty and quiet as its owners were out and about on the roads bustling with lively festivity and welcoming noises, clad in the very best robes they could find in their drawers. They used this opportunity to chatter away with their loved ones. Their hearts brimmed in excitement as it had already been a couple of years since they experienced such a scenery; despite the sky being asleep, its people down under were wide awake, decorating their grounds with so much light that it almost seemed that the sun never left in the first place.

Numerous shops remained on the sides of the roads, huge smiles plastered on their faces looking at their nearly empty stands. People didn't stop coming and going, the visitors arriving only increased as the minutes went by, yet they didn't bother straining their voices trying to call out their attention anymore. On the corners, on the other hand, entertainers continued on with their performances. Be it songs, dances, or stories, they caught the interests of the visitors without a doubt, making them linger for a good while.

Groups of children swam like a school of fish, their colorful robes making them appear like so, playing tag, various toys and candies gripped tightly in their little hands as to not drop them in the middle of the crowd, right under the thread of lamps crisscrossing mid-air as it attached itself on one roof of a house to another, completely outshining the moon.

Guests from far away, nobles and disciples from different sects or just common families from Yunmeng entered Lotus Pier. Some groups of disciples had troubled expressions worn on their faces as most inns in the area were filled to the brim. Now, on their way to attend a supposed joyous occasion, their minds were occupied wondering where they were supposed to settle down for the night. With a sigh, they attempted to drown these thoughts and greeted friends from other sects. They thought that their famous Lotus Wine would help in doing so.

The little disciple looked around the area with eyes of admiration. The bright and glamorous decorations reflected in her black pupils. Even from miles away, she could already sense the high-spirited and carefree feel Yunmeng gave off.

Now that she was at the closest proximity in witnessing its exquisiteness, her head could nearly explode as everything felt too much for her simple mind to absorb.

The expensive fabric that was carefully hanged in a circular form as they all met in the center, the women dressed in fine clothing dancing to the tuneful music, seducing guests left and right with their eyes as the lower part of their face was covered with a thin cloth, and the mouth-dropping amount of dishes adorning the table decorated with a purple and white tablecloth and an eye-catching bouquet various flowers that managed to create a beautiful picture in harmony.