Chapter VII

Two disciples soon came to report in the scene to help escort the two problematic young masters that were both so prickly, the two poor souls felt like they were herding cats. Even while they were standing from quite some distance, they couldn't help but stop their steps from the looming atmosphere coming from the room. It didn't particularly have an odd odor or anything, in fact, it actually smelled pretty good. But the problem was that there was just too much that was released in the air that it was starting to make their throats itch as they forced themselves in.

One disciple slipped his hand in his pocket and flipped out an untainted handkerchief to wipe the cold sweat that was staring to coat up his youthful face. He looked at his fellow disciple, who also shared the same anxious look, and hesitantly continued to walk. Now that they have finally set foot where the release was at large, they both almost swore at the amount of pheromones present that was even more than what was outside.

In the farthest part of the area sat a tall and thin man with good posture and a long, black goatee. He was wearing robes of the same cloud patterns, except his outer robes had a slight tint of a blue color compared to others. On his head was their usual forehead ribbon. He had features that were to be described as 'good-looking', although his uptight manner and the unchanging relaxed expression (that somewhat looked like a scowl) gave him the image of an older man.

They both bowed down to the two uncle-nephew pair and greeted, "Elder Lan, Second Young Master." Lan QiRen and Lan WangJi gave them a slight nod back as an acknowledgment of their arrival before they turned to the two young masters who both had ugly expressions but different causes on their fine faces. The two disciples forced out a smile in midst of the pressure and bowed to them, "Young Master Jin, Young Master Wei, this way please."

Jin ZiXuan almost cried at the thought of leaving the place. He didn't care one bit about getting locked up in a room for a whole week, it was absolutely better than staying there any longer. He was so delighted at the disciples' arrival that he felt like his knees would give up right then and there. But he kept himself from doing so and cause himself to lose face. He returned the gesture in greeting before they almost immediately scurried away.

Wei WuXian stared at Jin ZiXuan who had a piece of cloth over his nose with a funny expression. The young man chuckled as he continued to stare at his disappearing figure. "Sigh, that Jin ZiXuan. He must be so bummed out right now for having to accept punishment once and for all. I bet that peacock princess would bawl his eyes out in sorrow."

Oh, he indeed will. It won't be from sorrow though.

The white-clothed man beside Wei WuXian started to become impatient as the time ticked by. He felt as if he was a cat on hot bricks and that his pitiful pawn would get even more burnt than they already were if they remained. He restlessly tugged at Wei WuXian's sleeves and smiled, the corners of his mouth slightly twitching. "Please pardon me, Young Master Wei, but we must go to your room now. We must start the punishment right away." He gestured his hands to the way out. "Shall we?"

Wei WuXian flashed him a smile. The disciple felt his heart skip a beat in shock. That single smile made the disciple feel as if their surroundings had become even brighter. He was so lovely that he couldn't stop himself from admiring the beauty in front of him. Wei WuXian bowed, "My sincerest apologies for troubling you."

The disciples waved his hands in the air in shock, not knowing what to do. He was so nervous that he didn't feel the tense pheromones that were starting to pile up in the atmosphere. Lan QiRen sneaked a glance at his nephew whose face was hooded with a few streaks of his hair.

The disciple instinctively slid his hand out to Wei WuXian's back and guided him towards the exit. Although, he did not touch a single hair on the youth, Lan WangJi saw red. He was in a different angle so it wasn't so clear. On the surface, he was calm and composed, but his pheromones said otherwise. He tried to regulate his breathing from losing his mind, the reason still quite unclear.