Chapter III

The mountain where the GusuLan Sect resided in was covered in a slightly thick layer of fog, preventing people outside of it from catching a single sight of it. The only place that was visible was the main gate which was guarded by two disciples and a barrier wherein only their disciples and certain guests can enter. Inside, the disciples prepared for the departing of their two young masters. Finally, they were ready to leave when it was almost the middle of the day.

The distance from Gusu to Yunmeng was quite considerable, so they tried to leave as early as possible just to make it on time. Riding their swords, Lan XiChen along with a disciple, left ahead for the festival to reserve themselves a place to spend the night in, arriving fifty minutes later. Since Lan WangJi was still too young, he rode on horse drawn carriage, arriving later than the others. After reaching their designated area, they stayed in one of the area's best inns to rest after the long travel.

The dark night was lit up by countless lanterns, causing the ten-year old boy's eyes to sparkle. Though it wasn't clear on his face, he was excited to see such lively scenery. The lantern's flickering lights irradiated his handsome, but calm face. Hearing his brother calling out to him, he rushed into the bright house.

"The young masters of GusuLan Sect have arrived!"

Everyone turned their heads to look at the two immortal-like brothers clad in all white. Their snow white robes swayed as they walked. Their faces looked cold but were also accompanied with gentle smile, they still looked unapproachable, nonetheless. They looked surreal, like two immaculate deities that fell from the heavens, glorifying everyone with their elegance and beauty.

"Ah, young masters, please come and take a seat . . ."

Jiang FengMian rose up from his seat and approached the two young men. He cupped his hands in front of his chest and bowed down, the other two then followed his gesture. "Ah, ZeWu-Jun, Second Young Master Lan, welcome—welcome! You two look as graceful as usual!"

Lan XiChen raised his head back up and smiled at the older man. "You look not bad yourself, Sect Leader Jiang."

Jiang FengMian looked around them and was slightly disheartened with the absence of his old friend. "Your father . . . is he still in seclusion?"

". . . Yes."

He hid his disappointed look and turned to glance at the shorter man behind him. They were equally handsome. "And this must be the Second Young Master Lan I heard so much about! If looks can kill, I would have probably died ages ago!" Jiang FengMian joked. "I've long heard about your excellent skills, Lan WangJi! Not to mention the fact that you are expected to be an alpha during your coming-of-age ceremony! That should nothing be but the truth because I can feel such a strong presence from you! It's not that I can feel it—feel it; I just feel it, hahahaha! If my son or daughter will be an omega, I'd let them marry you right away!"

"You give us too much credit, Sect Leader Jiang," Lan XiChen humbly stated, bowing down.

"Not at all—not at all!"

Lan WangJi paid no attention to the two adults and instead fixated his eyes on the lonely-looking child in the middle. He tossed a grape into his empty cup and rolled it a few times before popping it into his mouth, heaving out a sigh after he swallowed it. His hair was tied in a high ponytail, bound together by a violet ribbon. He was wearing a robe with a light shade of purple with a silver belt across his thin waist.

'Beautiful' wouldn't even be enough to describe how surreal he looked. He had a pair of round, innocent grey eyes, a long, fine nose, and thin, slightly pale lips. Albeit he wasn't smiling, the tips of his eyes and curved eyebrows typically retained the hint of a grin.