Chapter VI

Right after they entered, Wei xuxian immediately brought Nie HuaiSang, who was on the verge of collapsing, to GusuLan Sect's infirmary. Their physician was perplexed at the other's injuries since he hasn't taken in patients in a while. He immediately attended into the child's wounds and was relieved to see that he had no internal injuries. Even after he was beaten up like that, he was barely even scratched.

"How impressive," Wei WuXian thought. His body seemed to be a lot stronger than he imagined. Since the physician basically had nothing to do and had his first patient in a while (he also had a soft spot for children), he nursed Nie HuaiSang all night. He would wipe the cold sweat on his face and sing him a lullaby whenever he looked like he was having a bad dream.

Wei WuXian plopped down his bed right after and immediately fell asleep. He laid down with his stomach against the silky sheets and snuggled the pillow. Too much had happened in one day that he feared that it was an ominous sign for an avalanche of misfortune incoming. His body was too worn out to think any further that his head started to hurt and fell in a deep slumber without even arranging his things or taking a quick wash. He didn't even take the initiative to bother closing his windows and just went out like a light right then and there.

Jiang WanYin tried his best to wake the other up but just stopped after his brother showed no signs of resuscitation. With his arms and legs unfurled like that against the white bed sheets, he looked no different from the dead (if you ignore the constant rising and falling of his back). Neither his aggressive shaking nor his furious, sharp screams directly in his ears were enough to wake him up.

Feeling defeated, Jiang WanYin patted his head and spread out a blanket over his petite figure. He then reached out for the doors of the windows and closed it, blocking out the light of the moon and causing the room to grow even dimmer. Ruffling his hair one last time, he walked back to his room and fell asleep after staring at the ceiling for a while, his thoughts unknown.

The next day came and Wei WuXian woke up with his back throbbing in pain. He was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday and cursed at himself for sleeping like a freefaller. But he liked that position too much and he couldn't help himself but unconsciously sleep like that (because he'll immediately be knocked out due to how comfortable it is) despite the soreness that comes right after. He could only bring himself to let out a pained smile as he looked at his drained reflection on the mirror.

He rushed into the area's bathroom and took a quick bath. He dressed himself in the traditional white robes of GusuLan sect and tied his hair in a high ponytail and bound them with a white ribbon to complement his attire. He proudly checked his image out and repeatedly gave hearty comments about how handsome he looked and that no one would be able to resist his charm. He laughed himself silly because of the ridiculous thought and walked out of the room.

At the same time, Nie HuaiSang had just finished washing and clothing himself and walked out a little later than Wei WuXian. His wounds have already been topped with ointments and patched up to subdue the chances of it getting contaminated and adding fuel to the flames.

Upon seeing the other, Nie HuaiSang's expression lit up and he immediately ran to him, waving his hands in the air as if he was afraid that the other might not notice him. He was running so fast that Wei WuXian was scared that he might trip and hurt himself.

Luckily, he didn't. He stood in front of the older and held his palm to his face, silently telling him to wait. His face was slightly covered in sweat. He held onto his knee for support and slightly bent his body down and heavily panted. After a minute, he stood up and took another deep breath and stared at Wei WuXian with his adorable face filled with determination.

He bowed down so aggressively that Wei WuXian felt his heart jump up his throat. "Wei-xiong, thank you so much for helping me out yesterday! I don't think I would have made it out there alive if you wouldn't have come and stopped them! They just dragged me out and my senior and junior brothers had no choice but to follow, one got hurt too! Even that stupid Wen Xu came in the middle of the night . . ."