Chapter XXX

Although the many trees of different heights and sizes obscured the people in Ouyang Clan from seeing the skyline in the distance, they still managed to catch a glimpse of a patch of the scenery of the setting sun if they stood at a certain angle. The landscape was comparable to those elegant paintings found in the houses of aristocratic families, every outline painstakingly sketched out and life was breathed into them. In the middle of the slit of red rested the bright orb, half of its body sinking into the horizon. It dyed the surrounding thin strips of clouds with the yon-orange color reflected from its rays.

The view simply made its audience sigh as they bathe under its beauty.

At a certain area in Ouyang Clan's premises, packs of tired bodies, some of which could barely keep their eyes open, began to gather. Its surroundings that were tranquil just a minute ago were shaken up by their voices and the thumping sounds against the pebbled grounds created by their lazed footsteps. It was a school of robes in varieties of colors, all except purple. Compared to the rest, the Jiang disciples were more than happy for their activities to end at an earlier time and promptly rushed back to the dorms to check on their sect's head disciple.

The remainder, however, chose to stroll around the meticulously decorated pavilion right outside, forty-five minutes ahead of usual. Staying idle in the areas near the cafeteria was the norm for the Ouyang disciples, and now, the rest of the disciples of different sects. This custom was started by Ouyang Clan's early disciples in consideration for the elders that would spend the whole day looking all over their clan's vast grounds for them back in the days.

Given that it was almost time for dinner, fresh scents of delicious food wafted in the air, luring those spent souls to them like a tempting siren. Some could barely even hold their hungered drools and their stomach couldn't help but let out rumbles from time to time.

These walking corpses were created simply because of their never-ending activities that went on and on during their stay for the past few days. Each and every one of it was engaging, leaving them to want to do more, none of which were extreme and its organizers made sure that not a single one would be left drowning in boredom on the corner of their own. Even Ouyang ZiZhen was taken aback by their seemingly endless energies as if it was only now that they've gone out. But no matter how young they were their mortal part still had its limitations.

Their minds were ready for more but their bodies were already crying out, begging "no more". And so they were stuck in a half-dead state, minds brimming with energy that their worn-out bodies couldn't care to further entertain.

Astonished as they were, the elders Ouyang Clan were quick to tend to their needs and immediately suggested preparing dishes that would dispel the young ones' physical strains and give their bodies a fresh start the moment they wake up the next day. This would also explain their unrestrained actions.

Just then, a white-robed youth with a forehead ribbon briskly walked to a person with similar attire. On his face was apparent confusion and uneasiness as his eyes continued to look around the dense crowd in a fruitless search for even a specific shadow of an individual person. In spite of the fact that his cultivation was somewhat decent compared to the rest of his peers, searching for a single being in an ocean of those who had similar builds wasn't at all an easy task. He then looked at his friend in dismay, shoulders slouched.

"The young master is not in his room?" the person beside him asked. He shook his head with a "no" in response. The two let out an exasperated breath.

This 'young master' they had been searching for the past half an hour was precisely Lan WangJi who, without anyone's knowledge, had snuck out to play. They would usually meet under the peach tree that had a medium-sized stone that looked so polished, they could almost see a clear view of their reflection.