chapter 21

JULIE'S POV

The kid's bodies start glowing in a way I've only seen twice before. Once when I was younger in the studio, the other time a couple months ago in my living room.

Everyone's heads whip around. Willie, Alex, Reggie, Luke and I all know what's going on. The others are clueless to this golden glow.

"No. This-this can't be happening," I say with a heavy breath. The kids both have wide-eyed looks. They're scared. I am in shock, is this happening? Is this finally happening?

"Ok everyone, outside now" Luke demands, waving everyone towards the door. If this is what we think is happening, we won't be able to tell in here.

"But I'm not allowed outside" Danielle calls after her father. Everyone is confused, looking around with uncertainty.

"Just listen to your dad and go. Everyone come on" I say with excitement, running out towards the door. I feel like a kid again, this excitement is overwhelming and I think Luke feels the same way. 

Dani is the last to step outside. The kids both still glowing, lighting up the dark December sky. When her foot passes the door frame, a gust of wind hits her. She hasn't been outside in the fear we might lose her and not be able to get her back.

Clearly, the excitement consumes Luke as runs towards Dani and sweeps her off her feet. He holds onto her for dear life, her arms going around his neck. 

"I can touch you. Your outside and I can feel you. You're here. Oh my god," He cries. I hear Dani whimper a cry into his neck. I choke as I feel my heart explode. 

Her legs are wrapped around his chest. I'm crying, Luke is crying, all of us are either crying or feeling emotional.

I run over to them and hug Dani between me and Luke. "Oh my god Danielle," I breathe out. 

Dawson tugs at my skirt lightly, looking up with sad eyes. "Oh baby" I lean down and pick him up. The world slowly disappeared, it's only us in the world. Luke, the kids and I are the only people on the planet.

All 4 of us huddle together in a tight group embrace. I haven't been so happy. I can hug my daughter outside of the club. My hands don't go through her any more. I haven't felt joy like this since I could touch the guys for the first time. 

This is the perfect Christmas. It's never been better. I'm happy as can be now. I can feel my daughter, my marriage is perfect, my son is... well he's Dawson but I love him, we are trying for another kid, I'm going to be an aunt in 4ish months. We are safe. 

After a few minutes, Luke and I pull away. Dani on Luke's hip, Dawson on mine. "I think the Patterson's are back" I smile, taking Dani's cheek in my hand. Luke chuckles as he knows what I'm doing. 

"This is terrific. Ok sweetheart, come here" Reggie holds his arms out. Luke gives Dani one last squeeze before she jumps into her uncle's arms. 

"UNCLE REGGIE" Dani shriek as she holds onto him tightly. Reggies eyes lining with tears as he holds onto his niece. Flynn joins in their little hug shortly.

"Never do that again" Reggie laughs lightly, holding Dani in his neck.

"I can't help it," She says with a little shrug, making us laugh.

After a couple minutes of embraces, tears and smiles. Willie brings up a stressful point "So is she a lifer or still a... ya know?" He nods his head lightly, keeping his tone a whisper only Luke and I can hear.