Chapter 3: Heartache

When you awoke the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and you felt dead inside. In the night you had turned off your phone when Rehan's phone calls got too much to bare. You sighed, rolling onto your side to reach your phone plugged up on the floor at your bedside.

When the screen lit with new life you saw the time flash before you noticed all the notifications from Rehan.

He left you with fifteen phone calls and twenty-eight text messages. One right after the other.

Call, text, call, text, repeat.

For once you were thankful you had refused to set up a voicemail because you were convinced you sounded terrible over the phone. No matter how many times Rehan told you to set the voicemail up you always refused, no matter how much he begged. You wish you could hear his voice now, but you were too much of a stubborn coward to call him. You wanted to see him in person and explain. It would be better that way.

"God, I'm such a bitch," you slapped your hand on your forehead and dared to peek at the messages. Some were angry, while others were pleading for an answer. You had none to give him. The feeling of regret was overshadowed by your guilt. You scrolled up to see the beginning of the messages. He didn't stop sending messages until midnight.

"Mr Flyyn almost gave me

detention for that crap you

pulled you asshole." 8:15 AM

"sorry couldn't help myself :)" 8:16 AM

"D*ck" 8:16 AM

"C*nt." 8:16 AM

*FACETIME CALL ENDED* 10:44 PM

"Wtf, pick up your phone

we need to talk!" 10:47 PM

*YOU MISSED A CALL FROM "BITCHMUFFIN"" 10:51 PM

"(Y/n), ANSWER YOUR

FUCKING PHONE

I NEED to talk to you." 10:55 PM

*MISSED CALL*  10:56 PM

"God damn it I can't explain

but Atlas is bad news,

believe me I knew him." 11:02 PM

*(3) MISSED CALLS* 11:15 PM

"he's not someone you

need to be close to." 11:25 PM

(6) MISSED CALLS 11:48 PM

"(Y/n)... please answer me..

I'm sorry." 11:40

(5) MISSED PHONE CALLS

"Goodnight i guess...