Prologue

• Dedicated to All my fans!!!!! <3

Hey, awesome members of Wattpad! So this is my book, Beneath the Path of Grey. Hope you luv it! 

Now I decided to try something new for this story. Instead of a cast list where I write down the actor's name and who he/she acts for, I will do something completely different... :D

So instead of all that, I'll be posting pictures in the multimedia (for each chapter) and identify it below in the cast list. You might not get what I mean, but you'll see when you read it <3 

The pictures that I post in the multimedia do not belong to me, but to the wonderful artists who were so generous in posting them online. I ONLY use them to give the readers an IDEA of what I am explaining; just so they have a general perspective of the setting or certain character/object. The rest, of course, is completed upon imagination. 

I give you guys the seed, and you decide whether the flower will grow and how it will. <3

Enjoy!

_________________________________________________________

Prologue 

There was an odd tremor, a sort of unrest surrounding the forest. It was unusual, especially for the young girl, who had lived in the forest all her life, to realize the sudden unsettling ambience that has spread through the vast greenery of these beautiful woods. 

There were still risks in such a mystical forest, for dangers lurked every shadow. Whether it was the pine's branches that scuffled and shuddered in the dark. Or the interesting, melodic raven cries that evaded from the tops of the tallest pines. 

Whether it was dark or light outside, the forest was always shadowy. All the majestic, high pines surrounded every inch of the forest, creating a sort of roof over all that inhabited there. There was a lonely, stone pathway leading through the West, then connecting with all the villages in the east, south, and north. 

Adallion lived in the East side, in a village by the name of Oreilan. It was a tiny, spread out village consisting of cottages built on the foundation of tree roots. A small river lay between the homes, creating a source for farms and well being. All fared well for the people of Oreilan, whom were poor but happy. 

Oreilan had many interesting features above it. They would seem plain at first, and nobody would notice anything special about Oreilan.

Tiny faires inhabit the tall trees above the village; whom glowed in the darkest hour, and whistled fair tunes in the wind. 

Their homes are made of delicate looking goblets that glimmer and gleam yellowish-orange in the moonlight. Villagers who have lived in Oreilan all their life have probably noticed the occasional ball of light that flew in the air, too big to be nightflies. Or the dots of sparkles and radiance coming off the trees, too radiant to be real. 

After years of ponder and speculation, even children begun to realize that this strange forest that was their home, was inhabited with these little sparkle angels. 

However, in a village with so many wonders, the adults always worried. Their children could not be left alone for a minute without going missing the next. Either they'd run off to explore the fantasies of the forests, or were snatched away by an unknown devil creature. 

Either way, the villagers always kept watch of their children and their flock, to ensure no misfortunes happen. 

If you would stop breathing, and listen to the lurkings of the night, there'd be the strong pine leaves rustling in the wind, fairies dancing upon the cold air, wolves scuffling the area, and even the occasional growl of an unknown creature.