Chapter 1

What why? I said. Listen sweetheart you're not safe you have to stay with him, my dad said. Okay will you be back? I asked. Yes I will be back before you know it, he said. Okay I love you, I said. I love you to, go pack your stuff then go with Mr. Espinosa, my dad said. Okay, I said. Is this really happening?

I went upstairs and got all my stuff. Then hurried down stairs. I have to go, bye babygirl, my dad said. Bye! I said as he walked out. Come on, Mr.Espinosa said. I walked after him into a limo. Wow. I sat back and looked out the widow.

Then I heard Mr.Espinosa on the phone. "No tell him that I said no!" He said. "He better listen I have no time for this!" He said. Then he hung up. Well he sounded pretty serious. Then we pulled up to a big no huge house. My car door was opened by the driver.

They got my stuff out the back and I took it.
Mr.Espinosa put a password in the security system and the door opened. I walked in behind him. Your name is Madi right? He said. Yes? What's yours? I asked. Im Mr. Espinosa, he said. What's your first name? I asked.

That's for me to know, he said. Okay, I said. Follow me I'll show you your room, he said. I walked up the stairs behind him. I walked into a room with just a bed with a white cover on it. Tomorrow you can go shopping for your room, he said walking out the door.

Great. I'm here and have no idea why. Who even is this boy? Ugh. I decided to unpack my clothes and hang them up. I finally got down and was kinda hungry. I walked down the stairs. Where is the kitchen? I could get lost in here. I found Mr.Espinosa sitting at his desk doing paperwork. I walked up behind him. Um hi? I said.

He turned around. Yes? He said. I'm kinda hungry, I said looking at my feet. Give me a sec, he said ringing this bell. Then I saw a lady walking his way. Yes? The lady said. Yes Ms.Kim this is Madi, and she will be staying here, she is hungry, Mr.Espinosa said. Okay, I'll be sure to get her something, Ms.Kim said. Thanks, I said to Mr.Espinosa.

He didn't say nothing back. I followed the lady into the kitchen. So what do you like? She said. Umm....I'll take Ramon noddles if you have any? I said. Come again? She said. I guess you've never heard of them, I said. How about some home made chicken middle soup? She said. Yeah that will be fine, I said.

So can I ask something? I said. Yes, what is it, she said. Why is Mr.Espinosa so stressed? I said. He is a busy man, he does a lot, she said. So he takes care of lots of girls? I said. No! Not at all, she said. Well he needs to relax, I said. I know, she said. Does he have a girlfriend? I said. No, he is way to busy, she said. Nobody is to busy for love! I said.

Your telling me! She said. Here is your soup, she said handing me a bowl. Thanks, I said. No problem, she said. I sat on the bar stool and looked our the widow eating. It was am ocean view. Breath taking huh? A guy said behind me. Oh yeah, who are you? I said. Oh I'm Matts friends Nate (not skate😂) he said.

Mr.Espinosa's first name is Matt? I asked. Well it's Matthew, but I call him Matt, Nate said. Oh okay, I'm Madi, I said. Yeah I know, he said. Oh okay, I said putting my bowl
in the sink, which I ate 2 bites of. I put the bowl and spoon in the dishwasher. I turned around and Nate was gone. Huh? I decided to go for a walk on the beach. I walked our the back door and we lakes down the path leading to the beach.

It was beautiful. I pulled my phone out and saw it was about 6pm. The sun was starting to set. It was beautiful. I sat thinking why my dad left. He left without a warning. Now I live with this boy I don't even know. Hay! Somebody called out. I turned around and saw Matthew. He came over to me. Don't leave without telling me where you are going! He said.

Sorry, you were busy, I said looking at my feet. I have to keep you safe, he said lifting up my chin. Why? Why do you have to keep me safe? I said. I can't tell you, you will know later, he said. Let's go inside, he said. I walked in after him. Matthew? I asked. How do you know my name! He said. Nate told me, I said. Well don't call me that, he said coming near me. Sorry, I said looking down.

Stop looking down when you talk, he said. Okay, I said looking up. I'm not hear to hurt you. I'm hear to keep you safe, he said. Okay, I said. He signed. I'm going to work, he said. Okay, I said. Night, I said walking up to my room. Wait! He yelled at the bottom of the stairs.

Yeah? I said. Be ready to go shopping for your room at 10am, he said. Okay, I said. And breakfast is at 9:45am, he said. Okay, I said walking up the stairs more. Night, he said. Night, I said. I walked into the plain room. It had a bed and desk. I walked over to my computer on the desk.

I checked my twitter, Instagram and Email. Then I got dressed for bed. The room was so plain. But when I'm done with it, it will look way better. I turned out the light and climbed in bed. Was he really here to keep me safe? Or was it all a lie? I'll find out, hopefully.

~Next Morning~

I woke up to Mr.Espinosa. We laid a hand on my cheek. Madi, you have to wake up, he said. My eyes fluttered open. I'm awake, I said as I looked at him. He looked cute all dressed up. Okay you have 45 minutes to get dressed, he said opening the curtains on my door to my balcony. Okay, I said getting up realizing I only have a big shirt on. Sorry I'll get out your way, he said leaving..
.
.
.
.
.
.
Was he just here to keep me safe?

Note!

I'm so excited about this book. It came to me one day and I was like "OMG THAT WOULD BE AN GREAT BOOK" so yeah😂 hope you Like it😂😂 ps. Madi and Matt are 19 in this book so is Nate. ILYGSM💕

~xox😘