Chapter 4

MADI'S POV

I woke up. No Matthew. Hmm? Wonder where he is. I looked at my phone. It was 12pm. Dang. I sleep in late. I kept my night clothes on and went downstairs. I saw Matthew at his desk. He saw me and came over to me. Sleep good princess? He said giving me a hug. Yep, with you by me, I said. He kissed my forehead. Okay, now go eat, he said. Does Matthew like me? Do I like him? I don't know.

Kim gave me a plate with eggs and toast. And some water. That's all I drink. I hate soda. Water or lemonade is what I like. (Reminds me of NO TYPE😂) I took a bite of the toast. I ate one piece of toast then felt like I had to throw up. I ran to the bathroom. I puked. Yuck. Matthew came and held my hair back, while he rubbed his hand on my back. You okay? He said. Yeah, I ate a piece of bread! I said. Yeah but then you puked it up, he said. It's getting better, I said. I know, he said.

So about last night, he said as we walked to the couch. What about it? I asked. We kissed, he said. Yeah, I was there, I said. Well what about it, was it in the moment or did it really mean something? He asked. I don't know, you kissed me, I pointed out. But you kissed back, he said. That is true, I said. I think we should forget about it, he said.

That broke my heart. But why? Why did it hurt? Um....okay, I said. Let's act like it never happened, and go back to normal, Matthew said. Okay, I said fighting back the tears. Back to normal, he said. Back to normal, I said. Dance..... That's what I need to do. Dance. I found my way to the studio. I played "Counting Stars" and danced. A few tears coming down my face.

I fell to the floor. I knew I shouldn't have liked him. The last time I liked somebody I got hurt. Now look where I'm at. It got me in the same place. It just proves that love hurts. And he is suppose to keep me safe. But what does he do. Hurt me. Ironic right? I guess that's what life is.

MATTHEW'S POV

I can't like Madi. I'm here to keep her safe. And if the people found out, the people going for her dad, they would hurt her. And I can't do that to her. She looked hurt. I hurt her. Great. I heard Kim say something. She really liked you, Kim said. I know but I have to keep her safe, I said walking over to Kim. Well you hurt her, how is that any better? She asked. I ran my fingers through my hair. It's not, I said. Exactly, Kim said.

What should I do? I asked. Well you have to fix this, she said. How? I asked. You have to gain her trust. Show her you really do like her, Kim said. You you think it will work? I asked. Love always works out in the end, she said. That's what I'm gonna do. Win her back. She must be dancing I'll go see her.

MADI'S POV

I sat there crying. I heard a door open. I wiped my tears. Hay Madi, OMG what's wrong? He asked. Nothing, I had something in my eye, I said. Oh okay you sure? He asked helping me up. Yeah, I said. Okay, you ready for tonight? He asked. Not really, I thought. Yeah, I said. Okay well I was wondering if you know we could make this kind of a date, he said. A date? I said. Yeah, he said.

Damn! He just said to forget the kiss and now he wants to go on a date. Yes, I said.
Really? He said. Yeah, I said. He hugged me. I'm glad you said yes, he said. I hugged him back. In glad to, I said smiling. What is the boy doing to me? What time is it? I asked. 5pm, he answered. Oh I need to get dressed, I said. Okay be ready at 6, he said. Okay, I will be, I said walking out the door grabbing my phone.

I went into my bathroom. I showered real quick. I put I my dress. With a strapless bra. I did my makeup. I decided to put on some red lip gloss. I did my hair in a cute bun. I put in my earrings. I found my heels. I looked I my mirror. I looked perfect. I put my phone and lip gloss in my wallet. Then I heard a knock on my door.

Come in! I said. Matthew walked inside with a tie around his neck. It matched my dress perfectly. Hay, you look beautiful, he said. Thank you, I said. Can you tie this? He said. Yes I said walking over to him. He smiled at me. I tied his tie perfectly. You look great, I said. You look even better, he said.

It's time to go, he said. Okay I'm ready, I said. We walked down to the limo. I got in carefully. Making sure I didn't rip my dress. Matthew got on the other side. Ready sir? The driver asked. Yep let's go, Matthew said. Nate didn't come. I'm glad you came tonight, Matthew said. Me to, I said smiling. You have nice teeth, he said. I laughed. That is 4 years of braces, I said. You had braces? He said. Yes, and they were not fun, I said.

I bet they were cute on you, he said. I blushed. We pulled up at the party. Matthew came and opened the door for me. We walked into the building. It was so pretty inside. Your the prettiest girl in this building, Matthew whispered I my ear. I smiled at him. He put his arm around my waist. There were pictures being taken. I seen flashes going off at us.

We went and sat at a table. Why were they taking pictures? I asked. Because I'm a big business man, I own lots of company's, he said. Oh okay, I said. You want something to drink? He asked. Yep, I want some white wine, I said. You big on wine? He said. Yes! I said. He laughed and went to get us a drink. He came back with my wine and him something else. A couple songs played then one of my favs came on.

"Thinking Out Loud". Matthew, let's dance! I said. Okay, he said sitting his drink down.
We went out to the dance floor. He put his hands on my hips. And I out mine around his neck. I laid my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist so I was close to him. I'm happy you came, he said. Me to, I said. I like you Madi, Matthew said. I like you to, I said. Really? He said. Yep, I said.

We danced till it was time to leave. We grabbed our things and got in the limo, until be were stopped by photographers. Mr.Espinosa is your girlfriend? A reported asked. No, this is my date, he answered. What is her name? Another one asked. Madi, he said. Can we get a picture of y'all? The same one asked. Matthew nodded. He put his arm around me. And we smiled. Then we got in the limo. They seemed to like you, he said. I seen that, I said.

~At the house~

We got to the house. Matt! I said. Yep? He said. Well the guy I meet walking the other day invited me to a party he is having and I wanted to go, can I? I asked. No, he said. Why? I said. Because you don't even know him, and he could hurt you, and I have to keep you safe! Matthew said. Matthew I'm 19, I'll be okay! I said. No that is my final answer, he said. Fine! I said rushing upstairs.

Fine! I'll wait for him to go to bed then I'll sneak out. I picked out an outfit and put it on. I took my hair out of the bun and my hair was curly. I put on a SnapBack backwards. I looked out my door all the lights were off, Now is my chance. I went down the stairs and started out the door. Then the lights turned on. I turned around and saw Matthew.

You thought you could sneak out? He asked. Maybe, I said. Madi, I'm trying to keep you safe, he said. Matthew, I won't get hurt, I said. Madi, you don't understand you could! He said. Really! I'm 19 fucking years old! I can take care of myself! I said. He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back. He kissed me back harder. He put his hands on my cheeks. And kissed me harder. He put his tongue on my bottom lip asking for entrance.

I denied. He grabbed my butt making me gasp, so he could slip his tongue in. He is sneaky. I pulled back. What was that for? I asked out of breath. You denied me so I grabbed your butt, he said. Your a weirdo, I said. Then he kissed me again. Asking for entrance. I granted it this time. Our tongues exploring each other's mouths. I pulled back for air. Damn, Matthew said out of breath. Come on let's go to bed, I said. We went upstairs.

I grabbed some pj's and got changed in the bathroom. I laid in my bed with Matthew by me. He pecked me on the lips. Night princess, he said. Night Matthew, I said. I like Matthew. I honestly do. I feel safe around him. He makes me feel special. Like I'm the only person alive.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I'm safe...

Note!

Thanks so much for 100+ ILYGSM!!!!!!!!💕😂