Mr. Brightside

A/N: Heyyy!!! 

Surprise update!!!

Hope you enjoy!!!

❖❖❖❖❖❖

Sydney's POV

"I wonder how many takes that took to film." I think out loud while we finish watching the last movie of our movie marathon. We decided to end our movie marathon with a movie classic, Mean Girls.

"Well she looks like a badass so probably not that many." Allison replies as the scene of Regina George throwing the papers filled with fake lies from the Burn Book begins to play.

"She really does," I begin to say. "It's probably really easy for her to be a badass, so many people like her."

I hear Allison let out a big sigh, breaking the silence that was at a deafening level, she then proceeds to say,

"Ok, get off your ass, we are going down to the cove." Allison says abruptly as she springs up from her seat on the couch.

"Why? What about the movie?" I question her.

"Why? Because we haven't moved from this couch since we started our movie marathon last night, I have wanted to go down the cove for a couple weeks now. And you need to stop being in that mindset" She explains.

"What mindset?" I ask her.

"You know, the one where you get all shitty and all down and pretend you aren't worth anything." She explains.

"I wasn't in that mindset!" I protest.

"No, but I know you well enough when you start saying how you wish you were other women or when you wish you were a celebrity, it leads to that mindset. So before you get there, we are going to go do something." She says as she starts pulling on my arm to get off the couch.

"You know, if you wanted to go to the cove so badly, you could just go by yourself. You don't always have to go with me." I explain to her.

"I know I don't, but it's your spot and you were the on that showed me it, so I feel like it's only right to go when you want to go." She says. The cove is a hidden spot behind a waterfall down near a secluded beach. It's one of the places I go to calm down when my anxiety gets extremely bad, no one except Alli and I know about it.

"Well that's very considerate of you!" I exclaim. "Ugh, fine, let's go."

"Yay!" I hear Allison say.

We quickly clean up the mess we made from the night before and start heading towards the door, before Allison stops and says,

"We should probably change."

"Yeah, probably." I respond to her looking down at the pajamas that were covered in Cheeto dust from the previous night. We head upstairs and rush into my room and start grabbing clothes from my closet.

"Are we going to swim, or no?" I further ask.

"Probably not, most likely just go to the shore." She says. I nod my head and turn back around to find something to change into. After about five minutes of looking, I decide on a simple blue, low cut top and a pair of denim shorts.