Unconscious

A feeling of dread crept up from the pit of my stomach,I took two steps backward as terror sucked the very breathe from my mouth, pulse beating in my ears, blocking all other sound. I could feel the flight responses kick in, increasing my heart rate, flooding me with added adrenaline, I can't believe what I'm hearing, this is so unfair,why is this happening to me? I opened my mouth to speak up but my throat constrict, my face flushes as infuriating tears rushed down my cheeks uncontrollably. My breathe seized and could feel tightness in my chest, I begin to have difficulty breathing, my hands placed on the glass, trying to call out Sabir's name. His eyes widened, the colour quickly drained from his face, at this point he could no longer control his hands, they were shaking in an odd trembling rhythm.

He began to hit the glass with both his hands, screaming my name. Before I know it I had fallen on the floor, it must have been difficult for him to watch me have a panic attack and not being able to do anything about it.

"Get hep Nabila" he screamed

I could see as he place his hands on his head and pace the room despite my blurry vision, he must be terrified.

"You should come with me to New York" Sabir uttered

"Hmm okay" I replied

"I mean it Dee, I will take very good care of you, I am the head physician in Bellevue Hospital in NY"

"Are you being serious right now"

"Of course i am babe, I live in a penthouse back at home, there is a lot of space that needs to be occupied"

"But I have a job"

"We gon get you another one"

"My whole life is in London Sabir"

"Okay then I'll move to London"

"Stop playing" I replied, tapping him on his shoulder

"I'm not, Nabila can go stay with grandma"

"No way babe, she is going to hate me for taking her dad away from her"

"Well she can visit during the holidays or better still relocate with me"

"It looks like you've got these all figured out"

"Yes I have, I knew you wasn't going to agree to moving to NY"

"Wow you know me that much already?"

"You are obstinate, you know that right"

"No i'm not"

"Yes you are"

"No I'm not"

"Yes you are"

"No I'm......" before I could complete my sentence, his lips brushed mine softly, delicately, like butterfly wings, just long enough that he could inhale my breath, feel the warmth of my skin after which he plant a kiss on my forehead. The cool breeze teased my hair and brushed it across my face, covering my eyes. He used his hand to separate my hair from my eyes and kept staring at me

"What" I uttered

"You are beautiful" he replied

"You are more beautiful"

"When I realized it was you kissing that doctor at the clinic this morning I felt like punching him in his face but I just had to control myself giving the fact that Nabila was right beside me, I wouldn't want her to see that side of me.

"I'm sorry"

He removed Nabila's hairpin from my head and started walking backwards

"What are you doing" I asked as I followed him