Chapter 5

"JIN?" I widened my eyes as I remember the last time, I saw him which was a year ago.

We have annual family reunions, and we went to his hometown and our meeting didn't end well which was kind of my fault.

I remember as I spilled my salad on his favorite shirt and accidentally tripped him and he fell straight to the pool. I felt really bad but I didn't get to apologize as he was scolding me so fast as if he was rapping. I didn't get a word out and just stood still like a rock.

He was a really cool cousin but he's scary when he's mad. I hope he has forgotten what happened last time.

Knock. Knock.

Jimin slightly opened the door and poked his head out.

"Hey, I hope you don't mind but I kinda heard what you were talking about with your mom." He said walking towards my bed.

"Yeah, it kinda sucks. I hate whenever they go on business trips, it makes me feel alone."

"I'm always here for you, you know that right?" He put his arm around me.

"I know." And leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I should be happy 'cause I can throw parties or whatever but I rather have them here. They make me feel safe and secure, though I don't mind being here alone, but a month is too long."

"And that's what I love about you, you're not like those other teenagers who only care about having fun and getting drunk."

"I learned that from my parents. I'm happy that they raised me with love and care and just with the right strictness, just like you, with your parents."

"Yeah, our parents are cool." He giggled.

"Unlike you." I snickered.

"Excuse me?" He squinted his eyes.

"You're excused." I stood up and went to my closet to change.

"Way to ruin our serious conversation!" He yelled.

I giggled.

Ahh. How I live to tease my best friend.