Chapter 17

Skye's POV

I woke up feeling giddy after my phone call conversation with Jungkook last night. I never knew that a guy can make me feel this way again.

My previous and only boyfriend made me feel that way on our first and last date, and he never wanted to go out again or make an effort to ask me out on a date, which he claimed was unnecessary because we were already together, and that's it. 

After that, no more butterflies in my stomach, just being a "couple" to show off to his friends that he can get a girl to stay with him for six months.

We broke up before I developed strong feelings for him, which was fortunate. And even though we didn't end on good terms, he was still someone who I bonded and shared my thoughts and feelings with. 

When we officially parted ways, I remember feeling terrible, but thankfully, Jimin was always there by my side, cheering me up and being his caring self.

Knock. Knock.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I yelled while tying my hair in a bun.

"Oh no one special, just your bestfriend in the whole wide world."

"Yen?" I teased.

I heard a gasp. "How dare you?" Jimin dramatically responded on the other side of the door.

I laughed out loud and opened the door seeing him with a pout on his face.

"Take that back." He said then crossed his arms.

"Take what back?" I asked in a teasing tone.

"That Yen is your bestfriend in the whole wide world! Last time I checked, you guys have only been friends for one year." He emphasized 'one' with his not-so-big index finger.

"So?"

"Unless..." He murmured with a smirk.

"Unless, what?" I asked.

"Unless you want me to be more than just your bestfriend?" He came closer and put his arms around my waist.

Why does he keep being weird?

I shook my head and softly pushed him away.

"Why are you being so weird?" I asked fixing my bun.

"What do you mean, kitten?" He asked softly.

"Are there any other pet names you can think of to call me? You know I don't like cats." I complained.

"Well I love cats, especially kittens." He said cutely and pinched my cheeks.

I rolled my eyes.

"Hey what's up- Okay woah, what is happening here?" Jin walked into my room and looked surprised to see Jimin standing too close to me which from his angle where he can see us, looked as if we were kissing.

"Oh hey, Jin. Thanks for also offering me breakfast by the way." Jimin told him and let go of my cheeks.

"No worries, though I'm not interrupting something here, am I?" Jin aksed warily.

"Not at all. I was just reminding someone here, that I'm her best friend in the whole wide world." Jimin replied and put his left arm around my neck.

"Okay?" Jin doesn't look convinced but continued, "You guys can go downstairs now and eat breakfast. Skye, your mom and dad wants to talk to you after school. They said they'll be home early from work."

I nodded my head and all of us went downstairs to eat Jin's delicious breakfast.

"Is it time for them to leave on their business trip?" I asked Jin while we were eating.

"I think so, kid. I saw their packed suitcases earlier when I woke up." He answered and gave me another serving, which I politely accepted.

"So it'll just be the three of us here for a while?" Jimin asked as he chewed.

"Three?" Jin looked taken back and continued.

"Jimin, I don't remember you living here." He pointed out.

"Well, since I'm always here, I practically do." Jimin shrugged.

"Good point, but still, even though you and Skye are dating, you have your own home."

I choked on my food after hearing what Jin said.

"WHAT?! What are you talking about? Jimin and I are just friends!" I explained.

"BEST friends." Jimin cleared.  

"Keep telling yourselves that." Jin stood up and cleared everything on the table after all of us were done eating. 

Jimin and I helped with the dishes and prepared to leave for school.

Since this is our final week, nothing much happened in class, so we're basically just passing our requirements and taking care of our clearances.

On the way home, I remembered those chocolate muffins that Jungkook and I were talking about last night, so I decided to order them, which is why Jimin and I are here in the bakery again.

"You're not going to make me buy you a dozen cinnamon rolls, right?" Jimin asked looking worried.

"What's the matter?" I tilted my head.

"I'm broke." He said with a straight face.

I laughed and motioned for him to find us a seat, then walked to the counter to order us some latte and those chocolate muffins.

I spotted someone wearing a hat and drinking banana milk on the seat closest to the counter where I am at.

I couldn't see his face because his head was slightly tilted down, but he looked really familiar. There was also a girl who was seated in front of him. I also noticed a half eaten chocolate muffin on their table.

Wait a second.

Banana milk.

And a chocolate muffin.

Jungkook???

I can't believe he's here again.

What a coincidence...