lii.

Ten Years Later.

I closed my eyes and let the air ruffle through my hair.

The air that drifted through the high rise felt much more different than the city beneath my feet. At ground level, it flushed through the rot and despair of the people below, violently shaking the trees that raged from the city's underbelly and human emotions. 

Up here, the air danced against the skyscrapers, grazing open windows with a kiss and whistling soft songs into my ear. There was liberty to its expression, a liberty that enabled me to think freely when there was too much congestion inside the building.

"Delta."

The familiar velvetiness of the tone added to the whistling air.

 I whirled around and smiled.

He stepped out onto the patio, his hair waltzing with the air's rhythmic movements. His suit was crisp and jet black, matching his voluminous strands. In his hand, he clutched a familiar book with confidence.

My smile grew wider as he approached me.

"You know, in high school holding that book would've earned us a month of rehab," I said lightly.

'I know," he replied, wrapping his free arm around my waist. "Thanks to you, I don't have to hide it anymore."

He planted a soft kiss on my lips. 

I was levitating.

"Are you ready?"

I inhaled and took his hand before turning towards the patio door.

"Let's go." :;