Chapter 9 ~ The Little Mermaid (3/3)

Can't believe this book already has 17.9k reads omg thank you all so much!

Now buckle up, this chapter is a doozy~
------

"Your majesty?"

Roman snaps his head up and quickly sits up on his throne, awkwardly clearing his throat as one of his sea subjects bow at his feet- er, tail before proceeding to update him on the whereabouts of Patton.

"Er, yes?"

"We've searched everywhere. We've found no trace of your son - or Janus." The seahorse reports.

"Ah... Well, keep looking. Leave no shell unturned, no coral unexplored. Let no one in this kingdom sleep until he's safe at home." He speaks almost on autopilot.

"Yes sire."

Once the seahorse takes its leave and is out of sight, Roman sighs and slumps back into his throne.

"This is taking forever..."

Little did he know, things would begin to escalate sooner than anticipated.

------

(This is Patton's outfit in this scene done by jackthefibber1 on Instagram

Logan still has the same outfit on from the previous 2 chapters)

As promised, Logan took Patton out for a tour of the kingdom the next morning. It was mostly spent with the two of them dancing around one another (figuratively and literally), with Logan being absolutely smitten the whole time.

Now they were rowing on a still lagoon, Janus and Thomas not too far behind from them.

"You ready, Janus?" The flounder fish asks his crustacean companion.

"Ugh, let's just get this whole thing over with."

Cue music~ 🎶

"There you see him
Sitting there across the way
He don't got a lot to say
But there's something about him
And you don't know why
But you're dying to try
You wanna kiss the boy"

Patton grins widely when he spots Janus, Thomas, and a bunch of other animals surrounding his and Logan's boat as they try to "set the mood" for them via song.

"Do you hear something?" His logical partner asks him with furrowed brows, his eyes scanning their surroundings.

Patton just smiles awkwardly with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Yes, you want him
Look at him, you know you do
Possible he wants you too
There is one way to ask him
It don't take a word
Not a single word
Go on and kiss the boy"

For a moment, Logan pauses his rowing to stare at the mute curly haired blonde in front of him. He looked so beautiful under the moonlight, freckles on full display and eyes shining brighter than all the stars above...