𝗂𝗏. 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝗆𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗉𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗍 𝗈𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗅𝗂𝗉𝗌

─────  ⋯⋯ ✧ ⋯⋯  ─────

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋𝖽𝖺𝗆, 𝗂𝗌𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝗄𝖾𝗋𝖼𝗁

─────  ⋯⋯ ✧ ⋯⋯  ─────

             𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠. Julia will lurk in the shadows like the stray she was and then appear to them like a wild dream, promising pleasure and thrill as the bottles of champagne and wine kept being shot open, and the night's cloak raised above them like a careless mother that barely gave a glance to her children below as they committed the sins that could never reach the spark of daylight.

          Julia felt as one with the gloom of the night, they danced together a slow ball as she played her part as the child of death. One would never have guessed that they would become her next target. Amongst the cups of alcohol that continued being poured and her gentle voice that they welcomed like a sweet melody, it was only when her whip blasted against their skin like lightning hitting the forsaken ground that they knew death was there and it had come for them.

        That night death whirled on the brush of her touch, jolting with excitement as like her it was getting impatient wondering when it will be the time to strike. Julia threw a giggle along the rest of the guest on the table, as the man finished another one of his stories about his land. Everybody burst into laughter and the girl wondered if it was for the story or because of the alcohol.

        That man that kept throwing random tales across the table was her work for the night, her precious target. He was a wealthy merchant from a foreign land that came to the capital of Kerch to handle some trade as many others that came did, and like the rest that was not his only intention. He came from a clean land to get his hands dirty on the wildness that Ketterdam was known for. He craved for a taste of fun amongst faces that will forget about him in the next wake of dawn.

          Lachlan Muller sat across the table from her, on both of his arms two women from a pleasure house rested occasionally filling up his cup more and more of crimson wine. Julia did not their names, but she had seen them around. They came from the same place they had found their wraith, the Menagerie, another of the pleasure houses of the Barrel.

         Julia followed their gesture carefully as she felt their desperation feeding the man with wine. They were running a race for their freedom for the night while the rest kept having their fun. Like her and Inej, they were warriors concealing their most glorious weapon on their beauty. They were clever enough to make the attempt of getting him drunk, maybe there was hope they wouldn't end up that night with their close on the floor on one of the hotel rooms upstairs

        Julia knew they wouldn't if her plan rolled on smoothly, but she was not going to reveal that to them yet. She just kept smiling as her glass of wine danced on her fingers, nobody paid her enough attention to know that the girl hadn't had a taste of her glass. She knew she needed to be sober if she wanted to finish the job fast enough before sunrise.