𝗏𝗂𝗂. 𝗅𝖾𝗍 𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗀𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝗀𝗂𝗇

───── ⋯⋯ ✧ ⋯⋯ ─────

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋𝖽𝖺𝗆, 𝗂𝗌𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝗄𝖾𝗋𝖼𝗁

───── ⋯⋯ ✧ ⋯⋯ ─────

                             𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐚𝐳 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐤𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥. Whenever their glasses got to crowded by the cheap liquor, and their tongues began rolling loosely without much care of what they were giving out, they would warn her. The people of the Barrel did not like her, but they seemed to prefer having her around over Kaz.

               The warning will say that she should run, escape whatever grasp Kaz had over her, and disappear from the Barrel. She was not a worker of any pleasure house and people assumed that she did not have any debts, so nothing was holding her to roam around.

              With her long waves of fire and warm brown eyes, Julia was considered pretty enough to attract some wealthy man that could take her anywhere she should want. She was wasting her youth serving as Kaz Brekker's assassin was the common thought when people push past their fear of her and pictured her as just a girl.

             Runaway with her own madness and leave the bastard to drown on his own. They thought they were protecting the girl as if Kaz Brekker was the reason such a beautiful girl will turn out as she did. They never put the blame of his madness over her own head, it always fell down on him. Kaz had recruited her for a reason, people tended to forget that.

         Julia then will force herself to not rolled her eyes and just giggled lightly, their warning genuinely seemed like a mockery rather than interest over her life.

         She wasn't who she was for Kaz, he wasn't the man that haunted her thoughts whenever the night fell down and no sign of moonlight was in sight to grant her protection.

        The remainder of his hand was not on her flesh, nor his hot breath of her hair. The child of death had not to be born because of the bastard of the Barrel, only herself could take the credit for that. Every death swirled on her fingers like expensive gold rings, not on Kaz's.

        But the slayer was clever enough to let them underestimate her, let them create their stories about her origins, and blame Kaz for it. For them, he was going to be the one that got her killed, another one of his victims and Julia wouldn't have it any other way.

        Thinking a woman was incapable of achieving anything without the help of a man, she had grown up surrounded by powerful men that will mock any woman that dare change that thought.