𝗏. 𝖺𝖼𝗋𝗈𝗌𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗅𝖽

───── ⋯⋯ ✧ ⋯⋯ ─────

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋𝖽𝖺𝗆, 𝗂𝗌𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝗄𝖾𝗋𝖼𝗁

───── ⋯⋯ ✧ ⋯⋯ ─────

                 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐟? 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬? 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞?

       Julia was submerged in her own drowning thoughts wondering if all those questions, those small doubts that will be built out on nights like that one, were directed to herself or someone else. Her eyes flickered with that doubt as she continued staring at the night sky.

       The moon with her white glimmer will soon fade away from her reach as the darkness will be painted by the flaming sparks of dawn with the rise of a new day for the lonely island of Kerch, where even some light needed to come eventually.

        As the night was departing, leaving her to the threat of a new day, the beast inside her roared at the last moments of freedom that only the darkness could give her. Only then will the girl become submissive to the beast's desire for another kill, a chance to spread the blood of those who had wronged women like her and children like the one she used to be.

         Julia would become someone else when the light had faded from the sky. A devil. A slayer. A killer. So many names she had been given by those surrounding her, and that only meant one thing to her and that was that people feared the beast as much as she did at times like that night when the sky became a collision of colors and she stood on the line between the fall of the night and the rise of the day, only then she will think how distant her present was from her past.

          She remembered the young girl that feared death, that was taught to fear it like it was a villain of another one of the tales her maid used to tell her in bed. That girl did not trust death, did not consider her an ally, but rather a stranger that she did not desire to meet.

          Avoid her when she was close like when her grandmother and some of her neighbors passed, death had come but Julia did not even look at her twice.

          So much had changed she thought laughing softly to herself before becoming quiet once again. She didn't wish to disrupt the silence just yet. The chatting from downstairs reached her doorstep, but it did not dare to cross into her room.

       Julia felt she had enough from the party on that hostel a couple of streets away, to come to her bed to be drowned in noise once again. Still, her thoughts had other plans, as they scream louder than the club could ever muster to be.