𝗏𝗂. 𝗁𝖾 𝗁𝗂𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗋𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽

───── ⋯⋯ ✧ ⋯⋯ ─────

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋𝖽𝖺𝗆, 𝗂𝗌𝗅𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝗄𝖾𝗋𝖼𝗁

───── ⋯⋯ ✧ ⋯⋯ ─────

                    ❝𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥. 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐬.❞

              A light giggle escaped the girl's thin lips as she glanced over at the man hiding behind the desk. Kaz was next to her, a gasp of space built between them but never too wide for Julia to not feel his presence towering over her like a shadow. She was not foolish, Kaz was warning her as he briefly looked at her over his shoulder to not provoke their deaths that night as they stood on territory that they did not own yet.

           The name of the crowds had meaning around Ketterdam, but it truly held the power of fear only in the wet streets of the barrel. With time that will change, the girl knew for certain that was the boy's purpose, but for the time being for everyone else they appear as mere teenagers searching for trouble as they stood in front of the man that held what they wanted, the promise of a job that will end with them with money of their pockets.

          But the truth was as always, Julia did not care about the money. She never had, as living on the streets felt more like home than a fancy mansion ever did. Those that grasped her well, knew that the girl had only one purpose and that was having her fun on whatever Kaz threw at her way.

          That work was no different. Julia wanted some thrill in her bones after such a rotten night it had been already. Lurking around the woods searching for the man's manor had not helped to soothe her. It reminded her too much of the past.

         Julia continued striking at the man, letting the tremble hidden behind her honey eyes like she always did.

          The man stood from his search and walked across the desk to settle down right in front of the group, "I'm not meeting anyone until midnight." He informed them with a fainted smile glancing at the group, not looking impressed.

                Kaz ignored his heavy stare and clear his throat, "we heard you were in need of a Heartrender."

          The woman that hid behind Kaz and Julia gave the man a short nod with her hand and a shy smile crept on her face making her appear younger, despite being one of the oldest people in the room. It made Julia once again bite her tongue to avoid laughter erupting from her mouth. The man briefly stared at her over his tick mustache with glimpses of uncertainness before turning his attention to the woman of light hair and petite height.

         A smile that caused shivers of disgust on Julia's skin took shape on his round face, "alright she stays," he said and then regarded the rest of the group with distaste clenching on his words. "The rest of you out."