Five

After a comfortable breakfast, Loki was led through the kitchen and past the backdoor in a short hall, that only took four steps to cross, to a utility room that had a bathroom with a walk-in shower hidden behind a door that could easily be mistaken for a closet.

He found the layout of the house somewhat bemusing and yet, it fit her down to a tee.

He still had to head out in the clothes that he had worn the night before, her saying that while her brothers were tall, they didn't quite meet Loki's height and their clothes wouldn't be likely to fit him.

Loki would have denied the offer anyway but the thought was kind at least, if not a little unusual.

By the time he had finished his shower and redressed in the bathroom, where he'd also taken a hairband from a pot on her shelf to keep his hair from wetting his shirt collar, she was had put on her trainers and a black coat.

"Are you off somewhere?" He asked as he stepped closer, letting his arms drop to the sides once he'd tightened the quick ponytail.

She looked up, her eyebrows raising as she took note of the done-up hair and the loose strands that fell around his face, though she said nothing about him taking one of her bands.

"Yes, I need to do the shopping today, I can walk you back to town if you wish."

"I don't expect you to do that."

"But I'm going that way anyway."

"Stubborn, aren't you?"

She quirked her lips to the side and gave a single shoulder shrug.

"Maybe a little."

That was how Loki had found himself walking alongside this woman, whose name he still didn't know, heading back to the office building just to pick up his car and go home, at least as long as nothing had happened to it in his absence with all the drunken people stumbling about during the night.

Small talk was had as they walked, conversations about nothing important passing the time quickly.

What had been a near half an hour walk just the night before seemed to go by in barely ten and before they knew it, Loki was stepping up to his usual spot outside the building he couldn't escape and she had walked further than she had intended to.

"Well, this is me," he said.

When they came to a stop outside of the office, he wormed the key out of his jacket pocket as she stared up at the large, white building as if it were the most magnificent Greek statue she had ever seen.

It was a site to behold, the white staying immaculately clean and the stone carved with intricate designs that represented each realm and its customs with various runes and sigils, to the basic eye it was beautifully decorated and to the knowledgeable it was filled with information.

Loki didn't know which one she fell in to, but he felt a strange sense of pride over a building he had helped design with his brother and father being admired.

This wasn't the first time it had happened, people marvelled as they walked past often and yet, something about this moment felt special.

"I see you're quite captivated," he said as he pressed the button to unlock his car.

"I am, it's quite the site to behold," she smiled at him, "I've heard many good things about the Odinsons."

"Yes well, I doubt many of them are true."

"What makes you say that?" She asked with a quirk to her eyebrow.

He laughed light-heartedly and opened the driver's door as if to get in, though his smile fell when he noticed her staring at him.