chapter ten. sick

this is kinda like a character bonding episode (i need more of these, lol) to get you and miyamura even closer..! 

thank you for your help with this story :)

(f/f) = favorite food

(f/f) = favorite cake // no, dirty minds begone.

you held miyamura's hand on the way to and from school, to and from class, and even when nobody was around. you got so used to his hand molding perfectly around yours, the occasional squeeze he gave when he knew someone was starting to talk about you.

it was like he knew to comfort you without you even telling him you needed it. every chance you two had gotten, you were in physical contact with one another as a method of convincing others that your love was true. it didn't have to be taken that far, but you knew that the council still had its suspicions about you and miyamura. 

better safe than sorry, right?

unfortunately, nobody ever saw you doing dates outside of school, and summer had already begun approaching. it was like your relationship was completely based around school days. plus, double-dates were supposedly a must-have when all the pools were open. miyamura-kun seemed terrified of the idea.

"have you not learned to swim?" you asked curiously during lunch. you were thinking of planning a little get-together with some classmates to ensure your relationship seemed like it was still going strong.

"n-no..." he said cautiously. should i tell her?

"c'mon! it could be fun!" you said absentmindedly. you were now able to have comfortable conversations with him. "i don't even have to invite anybody. it could be just us."

"that wouldn't help your cause," he commented, and you felt embarrassed.

"but, i mean," you bit your lip. (i can see the emoji) "if we have to go on dates, might as well have fun!"

miyamura felt his heart race. he smiled lightly and you wrinkled your nose.

the tickle in your nose continued and you sneezed.

"are you getting sick?" miyamura asked cautiously. he scooted further from you.

"hey, did you just avoid me?"

"no..."

"are you saying i'm an idiot?"

"... i... didn't call you an idiot?"

"you know only idiots catch colds during summer."

"o-okay! you're not sick!"

. . .

the next day, you didn't meet up with miyamura to walk to school. he didn't want to admit it, but the day was a bit... dull without you. my hand is cold, he thought, and was quick to push those words away. she must be sick...

here's what he realized:

your persistent nagging was something he missed.

the gossip about this 'unusual pairing' faded without you.

... the attention wasn't as bad as he thought it'd be. even when he knew he hadn't heard the worst of the rumors. in fact, he felt like he was missing it, in a way. maybe he just wasn't used to this kind of silence anymore.

it's a lot quieter...

miyamura even caught himself staring at your empty desk during class.

the day passed so quickly and slowly at the same time, no unique highlights besides your absence. (i don't mean that positively sdhkjd)

as did the next. miyamura was getting increasingly worried.