chapter nine. denial

do yall see the pic up there?? this is the man that started it all. 

IM IN LOVE WTF

(seasons of blossom WEBTOON)

ps// remember that italicized words are thoughts from said character or dialogue/gossip from irrelevant ones when it's not used to stress something

. . .

you and miyamura would get approached more often than not from then on.

"is it true? are you really dating him?"

"yes," you said firmly. "and please stop referring to him as if he were some sort of monster."

that sounded convincing enough... you thought. [a/n if ya cant catch it oml look at that defense mechanism- what a crushing denial!]

you were handling the attention pretty well. miyamura on the other hand...

"wow~ you snagged the vp?"

"have ya' made a move yet?"

"how'd that happen?"

"first-name basis when?"

"are you really dating her?"

"u-umm.." your 'boyfriend' looked like he had seen a ghost. "yeah, w-we're dating..?"

you facepalmed. it sounded more like a question than a statement. you walked over to the boys calmly and placed your hand on miyamura's shoulder with a passive-aggressive grin.

"could you please focus on your own work? you're causing a disturbance," you told them. the air became tense and they started to disperse. "i don't know what to tell you guys. our relationship exists, and that's the only thing that matters. i won't be telling the details."

never in your life did you think you'd have to say something so lovey-dovey. but... you didn't hate it. miyamura ducked his head awkwardly. "thank you."

you flushed. our relationship exists, and that's the only thing that matters.

you nodded back, grateful as well for some reason and began to leave the classroom to check on the council.

. . .

"you and miyamura?! dating?!" remi exclaimed as soon as you entered the room.

"well.. yeah.." you were obviously startled. "hello to you, too, remi-san."

"and you confessed? what about-- waste of... time." she said, her voice decrescendoing. (thats a word, right??) she didn't want you to find out she heard everything you had said in the classroom that one day.

you had to say something, or it'd get out and remi would be even more hurt. you thought for a second, and something you heard in a book popped into your head.

"i guess you," you paused and took a deep breath, turning away a bit so they couldn't see you cringe. you spoke louder. "i guess you can't stop true love..!"

cringe.

"but that's not like you, you don't just confess out of nowhere! that isn't (y/n)!" she pressed her lips together, advancing towards you. "you've changed since the rumors, (y/n), i feel like you don't tell me anything anymore! who even are you?!"

"r-remi, calm down..." sakura said, reaching an arm out to her. sengoku looked like he was ready to intervene as well.

"i'm-" -trying to keep things the same. you cut yourself off, trying your best not to get caught in the heat of the moment. "i don't understand," you said calmly. "why are you so upset, remi?"

"b-because-!" she paused, stumbling over her own words. ... you never told me anything. remi recoiled, biting her lip and sitting next to sakura.

the rest of the meeting was awkward, but you noticed soon that remi had eventually switched to sit beside sengoku instead. progress.