Heads Will Roll

Summary:

The plan you'd hatched with the BAU is about to be tested. Maybe you'll get the long-awaited chance to talk to Reus and finally ask him your pressing questions.
Maybe.... you'll even get that moment you'd craved with Hotch.

Notes:

hey alllll
im back and inconsistent as ever lmao
BUT back with a long chapter

Sorry for the v late reply but i can't promise it will get better. I'm strugglin to fit in thesis, a student job, and an editorial job lol but knowing me and knowing there's not much left of this story, I'll probably return after some time, bcs writing this is my coping mechanism to mentol eelness lmao

(if u see grammar errors, no u didn't lmao, bcs i didnt edit this at all at all)

TW: spice ! (kind of in a semi-public space but not caught or seen so rest easy!)

------------------------------

"You didn't have to drop me off at work" you say.

You try to make the words sound casual, chill, like you're the actual epitome of a summer breeze, making the leaves of the trees dance together.

They're not.

You're anything but chill, because Hotch, who so nicely offered you a lift after landing this morning from a case in L.A, had only 1 or 2 hours of sleep in the plane. He still rushed home to shower, change, (he'd told you the first steps in the car) and showed up at your doorstep in time when you were about to leave for work.

He'd insisted it wasn't a gesture – had mimicked the quotation marks with his hands like you, which is about the most ridiculous thing he's ever done.

Hotch is the casual one. Just thought about showing up at your door to see you because he wanted to.

The goddamn pinnacle of romance, to you.

He'd laughed when you said that. As expected.

"I wanted to" Hotch says softly.

Instead of being calm, his presence has given you a whole different kind of mood. The drive had been pleasant, and nice. You talked his ear off about the weather, some kind of podcast, a book, and whatever obsession had taken over your weekend while he'd been away.

But now that he's stopped the car, the space between the two of you seems to be vibrating with energy.

"Permission to kiss you in the parking lot of the CIA headquarters?" you blurt out.

A smile escapes him and he shakes his head.

"Thought you didn't like PDA?" his voice is dipped in playfulness.

"I'm up for giving a free show today" you shrug, a bit out of breath. "Might make the day of all these boring suits"

Hotch laughs and does the same oppositional gesture again, but you lean in across the console either way.

"Not even a small little innocent kiss?"

"Innocent?" he raises his brows, like he's telling you that you're a liar.

"Would last a mere second" you promise, grinning when you see him lean in too.

"A second" he breathes out before pressing his mouth lightly against yours.

What you'd meant to be a brief moment, only meant to feel and taste him, only because you'd missed him – quickly turns into more.

He puts a hand on your jaw, angles your head to the side as his mouth continues moving against yours and softly plies it open.