8.

note: the night two phone call is pretty short, but you don't have to listen to it. if you want to, you definitely can! :) 

I picked up the phone and held it to my ear. It rang twice more and then the voice began. "Uhh, Hello? Hello? Uh, well, if you're hearing this and you made it to day two, uh, congrats! I-I won't talk quite as long this time since Freddy and his friends tend to become more active as the week progresses."

More active?! As if they weren't already. I tapped my fingers on the armrest of the chair and continued to listen. "Uhh, it might be a good idea to peek at those cameras while I talk just to make sure everyone's in their proper place. You know..." I quickly looked through the cameras. Two were missing from the main stage. "It's always them!" I exclaimed under my breath. There were loud clanging noises from outside the doors. Bonnie, had moved to the back room. "Uh...interestingly enough, Freddy himself doesn't come off stage very often." 

I found it funny that the children from yesterday hadn't mentioned Freddy as a favorite character. The restaurant had been named after him.

"I heard he becomes a lot more active in the dark though, so, hey, I guess that's one more reason not to run out of power, right? I-I also want to emphasize the importance of using your door lights. There are blind spots in your camera views, and those blind spots happen to be right outside of your doors." I stole a quick glance at the door way and continued listening to the call.

"So if-if you can't find something, or someone, on your cameras, be sure to check the door lights." Using those meant using more power than necessary. Knowing how I reacted on the first shift, the lights would definitely help calm me down. "Uh, you might only have a few seconds to react... Uh, not that you would be in any danger, of course. I'm not implying that."

I laughed a little, of course they would say something like that. 

"Also, check on the curtain in Pirate Cove from time to time

"Also, check on the curtain in Pirate Cove from time to time. The character in there seems unique in that he becomes more active if the cameras remain off for long periods of time." Not using the cameras would save me power but it was an additional risk. Why didn't the interviewer mention that there was a fourth animatronic? "I guess he doesn't like being watched. I don't know. Anyway, I'm sure you have everything under control. Uh, talk to you soon."

I put the phone down and shook my head. "That was a complete lie, I'm just trying not to die." I mumbled. I set a timer on my watch before getting here, I couldn't wait for it to go off. I checked to see where Chica had wandered off to. The restrooms, as usual. Bonnie was in the backroom. I turned my face away from the cameras. I was still okay, I had enough battery. I spun around a couple of times in the chair, just for the fun of it.

 I spun around a couple of times in the chair, just for the fun of it

I heard a loud noise coming from the right side. It sounded like someone was in pain. I didn't want to investigate, the fear was too much. What if I could help someone? What if it was a trap? My mind was spinning, I needed to choose what to do.

I checked the cameras to see if it was "safe" to look around. Bonnie had moved back to the dining room. Chica had moved to the kitchen. The noises were clashing. Pots, pans, and what sounded like crying. I quickly stood up from the chair, took a breath and walked outside of the office. 

"This is so stupid, what are you doing?" I mumbled to myself. I tried to walk quietly, hoping I wouldn't make any noise. I walked into the East Hall, holding my breath. I walked along the walls and stopped when I got to the kitchen. There was clanging, loud breathing, and talking. It sounded like a man's voice. I chewed on my lip, there was still time for me to go back to the office.

I could still go back. No, Kaleb. C'mon, just check, maybe it's nothing. 

It wasn't nothing.

*gore warning here, there's blood and *cough* dying children, it isn't as bad as the nightmare chapter, but just be safe, please*

There stood a man, and two children. A boy and a girl. The two children behind me, at the restaurant. There was a box of cupcakes on the floor next to their bodies. The box was still full. My heart sank into my stomach. There was blood splattered on the walls. On the floor. Everywhere. The children were still alive. The girl's leg was bent in an uncomfortable way. The boy was crying and holding onto his stomach with both of his hands.

"It'll be over soon. You'll get your cupcake, just hold on." The man said. The children nodded, not saying anything. The clanging noise stopped. The girl looked over to where I stood. "I'm gonna get you out of here." I mouthed. She quickly nodded and pointed at her leg, then at the boy. "What, what is it?" The man asked. "No-noth-nothing." The girl stuttered. The man began to turn around. 

I turned, hoping he hadn't seen me. My hands were shaking. He began walking over to where I was standing. I clenched my fists and tried to stay still. He turned back to face the kids. I tried to walk away but tripped on my shoelace. How convenient! The kids started whispering to each other, but I couldn't understand what they were saying. "Who's there?!" The man yelled. I was still on the floor, regretting going over here. 

"Get up, what are you doing here? Did you see anything?!" He yelled again. "No-no, I th-thought I heard something." I replied, quickly getting up. He was holding something, it looked like metal. I tried to get away but he pulled me by my arm and pushed me towards the wall. "Please, please, I won't say anything, I promise. I'll stay quiet." I stammered, tears forming in my eyes. 

The man walked closer to me and I shut my eyes tightly, wrapping myself in a hug. "Let him go!" The little boy yelled. No, no! What was he doing? He still had so much more life to live, he was just a kid! "Don't touch them! Leave them alone, please!" I cried. The man looked at the kids and then at me. "Why don't I just make all three of you suffer?!" The man shouted. I held my hands up in defense, shaking my head. "P-please, let them go, they have families! They're little kids, what is wrong with you? What did they do to you!" Nothing I was saying was getting through the man's head. He swung at me with the metal piece in his hand over and over. I finally blacked out, that was definitely going to hurt in the morning. 

word count: 1163

i'm so sorry that i haven't updated this, i've been trying to find the right words and ways to move the story along. i think this chapter was a bit rushed? i'll try to do better/take my time on future chapters. thanks for reading! :)