9.

note: i thought this song fit the whole "theme"/emotions that Kaleb is facing right now. this is one of my favorite songs from "Heartbreak in Stereo" (: 

content warning: how do i put this, kidnapping sort of? mild injuries, it isn't as bad as last chapter.

I was on my side, I felt stuck. There was something covering my mouth. Rope was holding my legs and arms together. I didn't recognize this room, but it smelled clean. Too clean. No, no, no, it couldn't be! It smelled like the inside of a hospital. My mind was going everywhere. Were the kids okay?  What time was it? Where am I? 

The smell of bleach was getting to me. I remembered the first phone call. The part that shocked me most. 

"Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced." 

I didn't know what to do, there wasn't much that could be done. My head felt awful, I couldn't move. My throat was tightening, should I try to scream for help? Would anyone even hear me? I rolled away from the wall in an attempt to sit up. It was hard but I finally got the hang of it. You're fine, Kaleb, this is nothing, you are fine, I told myself. I had no idea how badly I was injured. How would I explain what happened to me? To the kids? 

I couldn't get myself to stand up. I tried over and over again until I heard a door open. A light shone through and I shut my eyes. I tried to speak but my words only came out muffled. The same man from earlier walked in. He knelt down and looked at me. I turned my face away but he grabbed me harshly by the face. "How are you feeling now?" He asked, smiling. He slowly pulled off the tape from my mouth. My breathing was shaky and I couldn't form words. "Wh-where are they? D-did you h-h-hurt them?" I asked. 

"Why are you so worried about them, Kaleb?" The man responded. My breath hitched, how did he know my name? I tried to hide the shocked look on my face, but it was still very visible. "You probably have a concussion. I'm sure it's nothing serious." He continued. "I have a younger sibling, not as young as th-those kids, b-but I just get worried s-sometimes. Are th-they okay?"

"They're fine, I left them in the back room. Safe and sound." The man replies. I noticed that there was a name tag on his shirt. William, it read. "I'm going to keep you here until I know that you won't mention anything about what happened. If you say anything, I'll hurt you. I'll hurt your family, your friends, your girlfriend." William spat at me. "B-boyfriend." I corrected him. I cringed after realizing my mistake. I shouldn't have gave him that information. "Well, your boyfriend then. I'll hurt anyone you try to tell. I'll know if you try to speak to anyone about it. You stay quiet, you got that?" 

I nodded quickly. I didn't want anyone to get hurt. I just needed to deal with this alone. I didn't want to, but it seemed like my only choice. "I got it. I w-won't say anything, I sw-swear." I respond. He untied the rope around my legs and hands. I could finally move again, my wrists were hurting so much. "What time is it, I-I still have to finish my shift." I said quietly, finally standing up. He pulled Ray's watch out of his pocket. "Whoops, sorry about that. It's 5:45 a.m. Was that all?" He says after handing me the watch. I only have a few more minutes left of work. I put the watch on my aching wrist.

"Do you have b-bandages o-or something I can use for my head?" I asked. I couldn't let Ray or the other guys find out what had happened. He smirked and tossed me a roll of paper towels. "That's all I got. Good luck with the rest of your night." He left through the same door. I had no idea what room I was in, how I was I supposed to find the office? I held pressure on the back of my head, staying close to the walls. I heard clattering and shuffling footsteps. 

The cupboards were slamming and I thought I heard a faucet dripping. I took a deep breath and quickly ran into what I thought looked like the office. I checked the cameras and saw that the curtain in Pirate Cove. "Oh fuck!" I exclaimed. I checked the cameras closest to me and before I knew it, the animatronic ran through the hall. Never had I closed a door that fast. There was banging noises outside. I checked on the camera in the back room, noticing that Bonnie was directly in front of the camera. There was something in the background, behind him. I tried to get a closer look but the screen began to show static. The kitchen noises got louder but at least I knew what Chica was up to. 

The room went dark and the door opened back up. Luckily, the character had left. The music box chime played again, Freddy's glowing eyes blinking on and on. "I was safe the first night, what happened? What did I do wrong?" I whispered to myself, clutching onto the arm chair. I couldn't wait for that paycheck. It probably wouldn't get me far enough for school, but it was all I had right now. 

I glanced down at the watch. 6:01 a.m. It hadn't been a hard shift, but it sure had been an awful one. I hoped to not have a nightmare today. I fixed my hat and got ready to leave. Ray was sitting in his car, bopping his head. A small smile spread across my face. I shoved the bloody paper towels into my coat pocket and made my way to the car. 

word count: 980

whump, i'm so glad i finally finished this chapter! i'll try to start the next one tomorrow, i'm really proud of how this story is going. if you have any feedback or anything, or if there are any grammatical errors, feel free to let me know. thanks for reading! (: