Chapter Eighteen

"And then he simply left, just like that. Except that he didn't really leave me," Rose smiled through tears as the Doctor's twin held her hand.

You had managed to make Rose tell you about her and the Doctor's past before you decided what to do with the diadem.

"So you're not a Time Lord?" You asked as you gently massaged your broken leg.

"No, at least I don't think I am. I was hoping I could have at least come back and tell him goodbye, but I guess that won't be happening. All for the better, right?" Rose said.

"Did- Did you want me to tell him that you were here?"  You stumbled on the words. It was such an awkward position.

"I believe you will do what is best for the Doctor. Isn't that what we companions do?" Rose asked as she nudged you playfully on your elbow.

You smiled back and couldn't help but feel bad for Rose.

"Shall we?" the Doctor's twin asked.

"We shall," Rose said as she accepted the Doctor's twin's hand and leaped off from the bed/table.

"Everyone remembers the plan right?" I asked for the umpteenth time.

"Of course. I place the diadem on my head as the Doctor, well not him, " Rose said as she pointed to the Doctor as he was still making meowing noisies, "grabs my hand as we vanish into thin air and completely forget that this all happened. Sounds like a plan."

You couldn't tell whether or not if she was being serious or not about the whole thing, but you decided to go along with whatever she said.

"Alrighty. It was a real pleasure to meet you Rose and the Doctor's twin. Hopefully we can meet up again in some other parrelel world," you said with a slight chuckle.

"Take care of yourself, Y/N," Rose stated as she held the diadem in one hand.

"Only if you do," you smiled back.

"And one more thing Y/N, tell the Doctor I-"

You never found out what Rose was going to say. She had already put the diadem on her head and had vanished with the Doctor's twin.  And then everything glowed.