chap chap 9

•(Thursday, December 23th)•

There was an annoyingly loud sound of shuffling and moving around in Regulus's room. That was sufficient enough to abruptly wake him up. His eyes fluttered open and he slowly rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He looked up to find Sirius, on the floor and Regulus's bag that was neatly placed next to the door the other day, now opened and his clothes were lazily scattered all over the floor.

"What are you doing?" Regulus asked hoarsely, "Trying to find my sweater— well, Moony's sweater." Sirius replied, "And what does that have to do with my bag?" Regulus promptly asked.

Sirius got up and looked down, smiling cheekily at the mess he made.

"Well, dear brother, I used a miniaturing charm on the sweater, and squeezed it in your bag when you weren't looking," Sirius said, proudly. Regulus winced slightly at Sirius's loudness on an early morning.

"Let me get this straight,— you stole Remus's sweater, and made me seem like I'm the one who stole it. So you don't get in trouble?" Regulus sighed tiredly, Sirius looked at his brother and started nodding, "Yep, it's really comfy though." Sirius reasoned, "You could've just asked him you know." Regulus lifted his blanket slowly and covered his whole head with it.

The rays of morning light coming through the window weren't his thing. Sure he used to wake up early at Grimmauld place, but that doesn't mean that he can't sleep in.

"Reggie, wake up." Sirius whined, "It's like not that early," Regulus lifted up his blanket to glance at the red and white alarm clock on the empty bedside table, which read 10:26 a.m. He then moved his gaze to Sirius, who was still standing and crossing his arms. "10 in the morning is still kinda early." Regulus objected, tiredly burying his face in his blanket one more time.

"Regulus Arcturus Black—" Sirius started,
"Congratulations, you know my full name. Have you learned yours yet?"

"How can anyone literally just wake up and choose sarcasm so easily?"
"Me, it's basically one of my personality traits." Sirius just looked at him questioningly but ignored it.

"Well, you should consider waking up." Sirius encouraged.
"And why would I do that willingly?" Regulus rasped slightly and cleared his throat.
"Well, guess you won't wake up willingly then."

Sirius stretched his arms, bent over and grasped Regulus's legs under the cover, and tugged him on the floor. Regulus obviously had so little time to react, so he just let it happen. So now he was just sitting on the floor, round like a ball with a wrapped blanket around him.

"At least I have my blanket." to which Sirius responded by pulling his blanket and holding it above his head.

Now Regulus got vexed, it was cold. Regulus and cold do not go together, especially in December. He stood up and tried to reach out for his blanket. The black brothers were at least a few inches different in height. Regulus stood on his tippy toes and Sirius's responded by getting on his tippy toes and holding the blanket up even higher, with a playfully evil smirk.

"Give me back my blanket." Regulus gave up slightly. Sirius who was still holding the blanket up said, "Okay, but grow a few inches first then we talk." and he just left, leaving Regulus looking like he was about to commit arson.

"Sirius Orion Black, you pretentious, exaggerate, narcissist! Give me back my blanket!" Regulus shouted, and heard Sirius chuckle in the other room.

Regulus sat on his bed and heard a few footsteps arriving in his room, he looked up and to his disappointment, it was his brother again without the blanket.

"Just thought I'd let you know, James is in the bathroom taking a shower." Sirius informed him, "And? what do you want me to do about it? shower with him?" Regulus responded, dripping with sarcasm.