chap chap 20

•{ Thursday, January 6 }•

"Well, this looks delish." Barty grinned, taking a bite out of his toast.

Regulus narrowed his eyes at his grinning friend and returned his gaze to the red letter, which had now completely drenched in his cereal.

"Well, I mean, at least now you don't have to get yelled at." Barty shrugged.

"Well, this looks..appetizing." Regulus jumped a little when he heard that from a voice behind him.

"Does it no longer work?" Regulus inquired, picking up his spoon and moving the letter around in his bowl.

"It gets affected, no?" Severus stated this while slyly turning a page in his book in front of them.

"I'm just gonna you know," Regulus gently moved his bowl away from him and got up, "Leave this here."

He noticed the soaking letter begin to move, it made a pitiful attempt to rise.

When it finally did though, it exploded with a booming harsh voice that literally drowned out every sound of breath in the great hall.

"REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK."

Regulus sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"HOW DARE YOU BE A COWARD."

"How dare you be a coward." He mimicked, receiving a couple of chuckles.

"YOU'RE JUST LIKE YOUR BROTHER."

Wow, really? last time I checked we were related.

"I'M DISAPPOINTED IN YOU, HOW DARE YOU DISAPPOINT YOUR FATHER AND I?"

He quickly took James' hand and exited the great hall, not bothering to hear the rest of his mother's outburst.

•🦌🐀 🐾 🐺•

"They're so annoying," Regulus grumbled as he sat close to James. They decided to wait until their next class, which happened to be potions, and hang out near the black lake.

"Honestly, what's the point of having children if you're just gonna treat them like shit?" He threw his hands up in dissatisfaction.

"It's just so annoying, they're so aggravating and basically everything sucks, like why are we still-" James cut Regulus off by putting his lips on Regulus's soft ones.

Regulus became even more enraged when James let go, exclaiming, "James! take this seriously!" His voice very slowly softening.

"Someone called?" Sirius's head poked out from behind the tree next to them.

"Ugh! just be serious!"

"But I a-" Sirius's amusement faded at his brother's upset facial expression.

"Say it, I fucking dare you." Regulus sneered.

"Okay, fine, jeez." Sirius rolled his eyes, "So dramatic."

"Look who's talking." James chuckled.

Sirius was about to hit back until he remembered something, "Hey, did you hear something?"

Regulus simply shrugged, not really paying attention to what he was saying.

"Anyway," Sirius began, "Came to congratulate you on being burned off the tapestry, exciting isn't it?"

"Yeah, very exciting," Regulus said tiredly, "thanks for telling me, would've never known."

"Yeah, anytime-" Sirius blinked twice before narrowing his eyes and saying, "That was sarcasm."