chap chap 16

"Ow, James that was my foot!" Regulus yelped, "Sorry, I'm sorry."

"Not there, a little higher."
"Like that?"
"Yeah, that's better."

"Your brother's gonna kill me."
"Yeah, same."
"This is warm." Regulus snuggled his head softly into James's chest, "Yeah."

"It's already 11:30, think it's time to get up?" James asked and kissed Regulus's forehead softly.

"But I want this." Regulus looked up at James, "I do too, but Sirius is coming back today."

Regulus was so tempted to roll his eyes but then his eyes widened and he mischievously smirked, "What if,"

"Oh no, here we go."
Regulus now rolled his eyes at James, "No, no, hear me out. What if I got Remus to keep Sirius for, you know, a little while longer?" James raised an eyebrow at Regulus.

"Reggie, your birthday is tomorrow."
"And? your point?" Regulus replied, "Making Sirius stay with Remus for a little while won't hurt."

"And we'll have some alone time," Regulus added.

James grinned at the boy in his arms, "You're an idiot."

"You called me quite brilliant, yesterday."

"Yeah, but I also said that you could be a reckless idiot, sometimes."

"Well, yeah, just shut up and enjoy the moment."

"Okay." James chuckled.

1:04 p.m.

James started to shift slightly as he opened his eyes and looked down at Regulus, softly running his fingers through his curly locks, which caused Regulus to move slightly.

"Wake up, Reggie." James whispered, "It's already 1 p.m. I'm wondering why mum didn't wake us up."

"No, I'm not getting up, it's cold."
"You're always cold."
"As I should."

James felt drew closer to Regulus and felt him embrace him even tighter; he only held his hands on Regulus's waist whilst embracing him.

"Your body literally feels like an oven," Regulus said, his voice slightly muffled by James's chest.
"It's hot."

"Oh? does the Regulus black thinks I have a hot body?" Regulus just nodded subconsciously.

"What?" Regulus exclaimed as he raised his head and looked up at James, his cheeks flushed. "No, I mean, yes, but I didn't mean it that way, you know-"

James cut Regulus off by connecting their lips together, and Regulus felt James smile against his lips.

"I know," James said after pulling away, Regulus sighed, happily and was about to lean in again before being abruptly cut off.

"James, Sirius's here!" Euphemia called downstairs, "Well shit." Regulus muttered before quickly getting up and leaving the room.

2:34 p.m.

"Guess who's birthday's almost here?" Sirius said, Regulus looked up from his book, "Oh I don't know, who?"

Sirius rolled his eyes, "C'mon be serious for once." Regulus smirked, "One, that's not how you properly roll your eyes, and two, I'd rather stay as Regulus for a while."

"You're mean." Sirius pouted.
"Yeah, not everybody's nice." Regulus turned another page in his book.

"Okay, so are you gonna stay in here all day?" Sirius inquired, gesturing with his hand to the room.