Chapter 1

It was a warm summer evening on the main street of the capital. Crowds of people wandered around while little cafés and shops welcomed new customers with bright vibrant colors. The roads were filled with loud traffic as different honks united with random talks of passers-by to make a loud hubbub.

Nothing could've broken such chaotic but somewhat peaceful atmosphere if it wasn't for a certain tall man with dark messy long hair. Every single day, when the sun fell under the horizon and the sinister moon lighted up the night sky it was his time to work. What was his job? - you may ask, and I'll tell you, it's assassination.

His tall form emerged from the darkness of a small alley as he slowly made his way through the crowd. "Three. . . Two. . . One." He muttered quietly and as if on cue a loud woman's shriek was heard. "Ma'am, are you alright?" A police officer rushed to the stranger's help. "Th-there!" The scared lady pointed into the darkness.

"Oh no. . ." Policeman turned pale as he took out his walkie-talkie. "Officer Richard speaking, a body was found in the central square district. The dark alley near the pub 'Pugs'. Send help right away." He reported.
A small smirk appeared on the assassin's pale face as he heard the police sirens echo through the concrete jungles.

But something went not according to his carefully made plan. A woman saw him coming out of the alley and she reported about it. "Excuse me sir-" Just as police said that assassin lowered his head as he dissolved in the crowd of people.

He must hide, but where? His gaze landed upon a large welcoming cafe. As he opened the glass door he quickly scanned all the customers one by one. His crimson eyes stopped on a certain young woman. The tall man carefully examined her from head to toe. Her messy (hair color) hair was tied in a low ponytail, while her gaze shifted from one young man to another. She was clearly nervous as she kept fiddling with the sleeve of her (favorite color) sweater. "Blind date, huh?" The assassin thought out loud as he walked towards her.

"Hello." He greeted coldly as she snapped her head at the stranger. "O-oh! Hi! I thought you ditched me. . . Hehe." She stood up while stretching her hand out. "I'm so glad that we matched in LinkedLove! You took me by surprise when you started a conversation with an invitation for a blind date." Her loud cheery voice made the assassin grimace. "I'm sorry if I'm too loud." She noticed his reaction. "I'm just so nervous! Most of the guys I've met send their address and invite me to bed but things change, do they not?" She grinned widely. "They sure do." The dark-haired man faked a smile.

"I'm (Your name) Kirigiri, nice meeting you." She outstretched her arm for a warm handshake. "Hajime, Hajime Hinata is my name." He returned the gesture. "First things first, I love your profile pic! Your pup is SO cute! And your nick, Hopefull Trash, it has a certain ring to it." She chuckled lightly. "Really? You're the first person to think this way." He changed his personality according to the information he just got.

"You like dogs too?" He smiled gently. "Yes! I have one too, her name is Osoro. I found her on the streets a year ago." (Your name) smiled. "I'm glad that she found such a great owner." He gave a close-eyed smile. "People tend to mistreat dogs nowadays, you know, it's horrible." Izuru shook his head. "I know, that's why I volunteer at an adoption center from time to time." Kirigiri stated proudly. "That's great!" He pretended to be happy about the fact.

"May I take your order?" A short girl with dark brown hair asked as she walked towards their table. "What would you like to have?" Hajime opened the menu as he quickly scanned it for the cheapest meal. "I'll have a cup of (favorite coffee). You?" She raised her head. "Same for me then." He closed his menu. "Okay!" The waitress walked away.

"So, what do you do for a living?" The young woman asked. "I'm a cardiovascular surgeon." He lied again. "Wow. . ." (Your name) gasped. "Never expected, really. You look like office plankton to be honest, with your suit and all. . ." She giggled. "I get that a lot." He chuckled with her.