Chapter 7

"Looks like our theory is right!" Shuichi jumped up from (Your name)'s bed as he read the daily newspaper. "Huh? What are you talking about?" (Your name) looked at her friend. "Read this article." He pointed at the text. "The torture murderer strikes again. Yesterday, at eleven pm in the night a body of Kyoya Tamaki was found in his apartment. His limbs were tied to bed poles while he had major stab wounds on his thighs and left upper arm. His stomach was pierced with huge a spear of gunghir." The woman read out loud. "See?" Saihara beamed. "What if it's the real killer?" She mused. "Can't be. You see, I already asked your sister about any missing items from the clue archives. She said that three spears of gunghir were stolen from three different stations." Detective explained.

"Then. . . It means that three different people are culprits?" Kirigiri junior hummed.

The phone ringed as (Your name) picked the phone up. "Gah! I can hear his voice!" Shuichi gripped his hair. "Nope, that's my notification ringtone." She smiled. "I won't even ask how-" "I text him, recently he sent me this voice message and I added it to my ringtones." The writer chuckled. "Why?" Saihara sighed. "I don't know, really. His voice sounds cool." She shrugged and typed something back into her phone.
"Who are you chatting to?" The detective looked at her phone. "Hey! Can I have some privacy here?" She hid her phone and pouted. "Sorry." Saihara sweatdropped. "Hajime asked me on a date at this new restaurant." The writer beamed. "You go on many dates with this man." Shuichi noticed. "What's your problem huh? Are you jealous huh? You want me to inform Kaede huh?" She squinted her eyes in suspicion. "N-no- it's just-" "Chill out! I'm just messing with you." (Your name) giggled and nudged her friend lightly.

In the loft

"Mornin'" Kokichi yawned as he walked towards the living room. "Huh?" He looked as all of his co-workers were gathered around the boss. "What's up?" He squeezed into the crowd looking at how Kamakura was busy typing a message to (Your name). "Add a heart emoji!" Nagito smiled. "Tch. W-what nonsense. B-better compliment h-her." Toko grunted. "Why not being more flirty?" Celeste hummed. "Why can't you just say how it is?" Maki sighed. "What in the earth is going on?!" Oma dragged everyone's attention onto him.
"I want to call (Your name) on a date this evening." Izuru explained. "So what's the fuss about?" Kokichi raised his eyebrow. "I want to purpose her to get closer with each other." Kamakura said as he blushed lightly. "No probs! Nagito, go clean boss' room, Celeste, buy some rose petals and throw them onto his bed. Maki-" Harukawa glared at the little man. "-You better just go out this one night." Oma scoffed.

"N-not in t-that way you p-pervert!" Toko shuddered in anger. "Boss wants (Your name) to be his girlfriend, that's all." Komaeda informed. "That's it?!" Oma gasped. "Yoink!" Kokichi snatched the phone away as he quickly typed in a message and sent it. "Done!" He threw the phone back as everyone looked onto the screen.
"G-good morning, how a-are you?" Toko read the first part. "Can we go out today at 7.30 pm to the restaurant I mentioned before?" Nagito read the next part. "Don't worry, I'll pick you up." Celeste smirked. "A heart emoji." Maki deadpanned. "Yup! Don't thank me! I'll go mess around with my Shumai." Kokichi walked out leaving everyone in silence. "Heh." Izuru chuckled and stood up.
"Okay, guys, time for work. Maki, get me the files." "Already." She handed the stack of papers to her boss. "Okay, Nagito. Toko. Celeste. And you." He handed out the files. "Lobby?" Nagito read his papers. "Main entrance? Seriously, sir?" Maki looked at her boss. "T-table n-number thirty-six?" Fukawa looked at her file. "Fire exit." Celeste threw the file onto the coffee table.