Chapter 4

Kyoko's house

"Hi! Come in!" (Your name) opened the door for Kamakura to enter. "Thanks." He smiled lightly as he removed his shoes and entered the vast living room. "Kyoko's office is on the second floor, let's go." She took his hand and led him upstairs. "Kyo, we're here." Little sister kicked open the door as she walked in. "How many times do I have to tell you? Knock. Before. You. Enter." Kirigiri grumbled while snapping the pen she was holding in half. (Your name) knocked thrice on the door and sat down on the chair across her sister's desk. "*sigh* Hajime, can you wait outside?" Kamakura nodded and left the office at once.
Assassin decided to use his opportunity as he walked inside the room next to Kirigiri's office. It was a spacious messy room with a king-sized undone bed. The floor of this room was littered with papers and clothes.

"Hajime?" (Your name) opened the door to her room. "Oops, sorry. I was searching for the bathroom." Kamakura faked a smile. "Oh really?" The young woman sneered. "That's the shittiest excuse I've ever heard. You wanted to see my room, didn't you?" "No way! I'm telling you-" "Lie. Hajime, I can see through your lies." She grumbled and crossed her arms. "Yes. I wanted to see your new book before its release." Izuru made up another lie. "Seriously? I can't allow that." The writer turned to her normal nonchalant self. "Why not? I promise I will keep my mouth shut." He walked towards her. "Still, it's incomplete." She turned away. "I don't mind." He hugged her from behind.

"Hinata, come to my office." Kyoko ordered as she opened the door. "I'll be back in a minute." Izuru walked away. "What were you snooping out in her room?" Kirigiri got straight to business as Kamakura entered the office. "Nothing, really. I was just interested in her new book." He sighed and sat down. "If you dare to do something funny to her I promise you'll regret it." She grunted. "Anyway, I want you to write down everything that happened today." Kyoko handed him a piece of paper and a pen.
"Am I free to go now?" He signed the paper and handed it to the detective. "Sure. Oh and Hajime, you better not upset my sister." Her glare turned ice cold. "I won't." Was his last words before he walked out.

"You done?" (Your name) waited for Izuru outside the office. "Yes." He nodded. "You look upset, was she too blunt with you?" She frowned slightly. "Nope, I just got tired of today's events." He walked downstairs as the writer followed him close behind. "This whole murder. . . I just can't process it." He shook his head. "I understand, I felt the same way for like, two months. I got used to this afterward, I still get emotional from time to time though." She shrugged. "You got used to murder?!" Izuru pretended to be shocked. "Don't get the wrong idea! It's just, my sister is a detective and because of that I've seen many corpses in my life, more than I can count." "I'm surprised you're still sane after being through all this." He sighed. "I'm a twenty-two-year-old who got dropped out of college, writes gory murder mystery, and sees corpses every day, who told you I'm sane?!" (Your name) joked. Izuru looked at her for a moment processing what she just said his lips curved into a slight smile as he laughed sincerely. Something about his laugh made (Your name)'s heart skip a beat as her face got red from blush.
"That was a nice one." He wiped his tear. "No, it wasn't! It was just a ramble of a madwoman!" She blushed harder. "Say whatever you want, I still liked it." Kamakura ruffled her hair as he wore his shoes.

"Hey, are you free tomorrow?" She suddenly spoke up. "Why?" He looked her in the eye as something sparkled in her irises. It was a familiar sparkle, he has seen this before. Was it joy? Excitement? Mischief? It felt so familiar, but he couldn't wrap his head around it. And it bothered him a lot. "I wanted to invite you to ice skating tomorrow! Who doesn't like the sweet sound of blade against the ice? Wind against your skin and pain in your butt when you fall?" Kirigiri junior chuckled. "I don't know, I'll see my schedule for tomorrow and text you later." He nodded and opened the door. "Well, I'll wait for your reply then." She smiled lightly. "Sure, goodnight." Izuru smiled back as he walked towards his car.