Retaking the Sub

Letty P.O.V

Cass took charge right away. Once we got to the sub, she was shouting at us to double time. Hobbs covered our backs as the non-fighters rushed forward. We were giving enough cover fire. Cass nailed a few people, forcing them back. 

We split up between the control room & the sub. She took point as she led me, Hobbs & Ramsey to the control room. The boys & LN (little nobody) went to the sub, entering from the top hatch. 

"Move, move, move! Get out of here! Go, go, go! " I shouted as we cleared the room of scared workers

Cass shouted in Russian, making them move even faster. I wondered what she was saying. Ramsey set up at the main computer while Hobbs locked the door. Cass followed Hobbs to check out the back as Ramsey hacked. I watched as the sub turbine stopped briefly. 

"She's regained control. Damn it, she's good." Ramsey muttered as the door unlocked

2 unarmed men came in. I fired at the large guy but my gun jammed. It was a bare-knuckle fight now. I turned my gun around like a bat. I got the little guy & knocked him out cold. Now, I had the behemoth. 

I tried to swing at him but he tossed the gun away. I swapped for my pistol but he grabbed my arm & pinned me against the window. I fired a few shots into the window before losing it too. I grappled for freedom but he still had a grip on me. He used it to smash me against a row of computers. I covered my face as the glass covers shattered. 

He waited too long to grab me so I got a nice glass shard. I stabbed his foot &  started cutting him. When he went to swing at me, I dropped in time & kicked his legs out.  I scramble to my feet & started getting some distance between us. I wasn't quick enough as he charged me & smashed me against a window. Now, I was in pain as my back felt sore. 

"Ramsey, how much time we talkin' here?" I snapped as she typed 

"She's locked me out. Tej, you're gonna have to pull that chip." She panicked as I was getting strangled

He held me up high before tossing me out a window. I braced myself for the metal railing. It didn't hurt too much but going through the window was plenty. I looked below & saw the sub's propeller spinning. I had a good idea for it. 

He laughed as he slowly approached me. I waited for him to get close enough. When he was the right distance, I punched him in the nads. He groaned & held onto the railing for support. I got up & had a running start to dropkick him over the railing. He fell right onto the propeller. As I looked over, Hobbs & Cass joined me. 

"Ah, nasty." Hobbs commented

"How'd you get him down there?" Cass asked

"Your dropkick move." I huffed

"That'll do it." She gulped before we went inside

Ramsey was shaking on the floor. We saw why as the skinny guy was laying in a pool of blood.  It was clear this was traumatising. Cass & I tried to talk her through it. Hobbs had to deal with the sub problem for now. 

"Nukes going hot. She's trying to fire this thing." Tej yelled

"Roger that. We're moving out. Disable the nukes." Hobbs answered

Ramsey came to just in time. She grabbed her computer before we ran out. We made it to the cars & anxiously waited for the guys. They came a minute later as more of the sub powered up.

"You alright?" I asked Rome

"There ain't nothing alright about any of this! Let's go." Rome wussed out as he jumped into his car

"What about the missiles?" Ramsey asked as LN came up panting

"We got the chip. No nukes for her." he rasped, relieving all of us when he held it

"Hell yeah. Let's roll." Hobbs congratulated, giving him a fist bump before getting in

Rome led us through the narrow exit. Cass was close behind with LN, me & Ramsey, Tej & Hobbs following. 

"Guys, we got company. A lot of company." Tej warned as a sea of military trucks gunned for us

"Alright everyone, the sub has to pass a sea lock at the end of the bay. If we get there 1st, we can lock it & trap the sub in the bay. No deepwater, no way to disappear." Cass outlined

"I've got the location. It's 10 miles SW." Ramsey updated

"10 mi?! We're not going to make it 10 secs." LN doubted

"Watch & learn kid." Cass laughed as we spread out on the ice

With more room, we could upshift & start weaving from the bullets. Everyone started to gain speed. But, Rome started to spin out, falling back. It was his own fault for not changing out the tires. 

"What's the matter Roman? Forgot your snow ties?" Tej teased

"Loving that Lambo now?" I joined in as he skidded between us

For once he was silent which was a shock. Given he was now in front of the bullets, he didn't have time for a comeback. I laughed hard when I saw him making the sign of the cross after straightening out. 

"Why are they shooting at me?!" Rome complained

"Maybe because you're in an orange Lamborghini. I don't know." Tej snarkily replied

"Shut up Tej!" Rome angrily pouted

Cassie P.O.V

Escaping the base was harder than getting in. The separatists brought a whole arsenal out onto the ice. Dodging 50 cal rounds while not losing control was hard. Rome had it the worst with his fancy streetcar. He fell behind & was the most vulnerable. 

Tej caught on & radioed for him to get in front. Rome did it as Tej used the machine gun on his tank. He cleared out the back enough for us to get a lead. The suvs were the perfect obstacles. 

"Guys, snow mobile's on the right!" Rome pointed out 

"They're gonna flank us!" Letty caught on

I pulled back to get their attention which worked. Hobbs pulled off to catch them by surprise. I waited for one to get in the right position before speeding up.

 "No, they ain't." Hobbs smirked as he crashed one

So far, we were doing well. Until one car had missiles attached to it. Rome narrowly avoided being blown up. But, the missile broke the ice.  Rome lost control & had half the car skip along the water. Tej shot an anchor at the driver door & tried to pull him in. But, it didn't work. 

"Oh, no no no no!" Tej stuttered as he slipped under the water

"Roman grab your door!" Tej instructed 

"Tej!" Roman shouted, shivering from the cold

"Grab the door Roman!" Tej repeated

"It's so cold. Ahhh shit!" Rome whined before his radio went silent

I felt my heart stop once we didn't hear from him. Tej quickly sped up & pulled the door. Rome was screaming at the top of his lungs as he flew up into the air. He held onto it for dear life as Tej dragged him behind. Most of teh convoy went after them as they went left. I was prepared to go with them until I saw Hobbs splitting off. With them pretty safe, I focused on reaching the gate in time with the others.