New Parents

family tree: https://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c=zpxvupy0y1&f=130347020528278632

~ 3 months later ~

Owen P.O.V

Life with Cassie was perfect & peaceful. I was slowly being included in Dom's crew. I appreciated the new start. I wasn't buddies with anyone which was unsurprising. It was going to take a while for everyone to warm up to me. But, I wasn't shunned. I was invited to get-togethers & allowed to play with the kids. It was great to be able to relax & learn how to be a normal person. 

We were taking things slow. I had a ways to prove my harmlessness. Mia & Brian were seeing most of my change. We all were still living together at Cassie's safe house. It was plenty of room for all of us for a while. The place was lightly babyproofed since the kids were smart enough. Jack was adorable & pretty smart. None of us were worried about leaving him alone or any chances of injury. The close quarters allowed me to babysit. 

I was enjoying myself. He was comfortable around me. We often played around the nearby park. He ran wild on the playground with his school friends. They enjoyed playing pirates & I was almost always the sea monster. His dad was 1st mate though we sometimes switched. The girls enjoyed sitting back & watching the chaos. Gisella aka Casita was completely content in her pram. She was an easy baby & didn't fuss much. I swear she enjoyed being around people & the occasional attention. Once she got tired, she was out like a light.

Work-wise was very light. I had a few odd jobs from Mr. Nobody & MI6. It wasn't anything strenuous or long. I would be gone for a few days for quick escorts or assassinations. It felt like a trial run for actual work once I was more stable. Right now I couldn't afford to be gone for long. Being a father was making me more cautious than usual. I had no intention of being forgotten in a black site. My kids would have me around for the long haul. Besides, I think most governments were reasonably nervous about using me given my recent exploits.

Cassie was happy to have me home. She was nervous since anytime this week could be the day.  Mia was a calming voice being a mother of 2. She helped Cass regain her confidence. Both of us were at a healthy level of anxiety. We were read up as best we could be. With our combined genetics, this kid was going to be far from textbook. At least she would have a good life filled with an extensive loving family. 

Our blood families talked as often as they could. The distance made them nervous about her health. But, we made sure to FaceTime & send plenty of pictures. Deck made a few visits when he had the time. They were making jokes like the old days. He made some new wisecracks about her bulging belly. It was funny seeing them casually bickering. I needed her to feel like she wasn't driving a wedge. Stress was the last thing she needed in her life. God knows he gave her plenty with that psycho.

Her own parents decided to make an impromptu, lengthy states visit. We both knew it was an excuse to be in town for the birth. It was a welcome surprise as we showed them around town & the apartment. Her mum was happier seeing our living arrangement in person. Brian & Mia helped sell it by showing how close we were. Gina was content knowing we wouldn't be alone. Pablo was more confident that we had things figured out. He was always more trusting between the 2 of them. 

The 7 of us decided to have a night out. It was a weekend so we didn't have to worry about turning in too early. Jack was very happy about that. We decided on a dinner & movie. It was simple but was plenty for us. Pablo enjoyed playing with Jack. He was in grandpa mode as Jack rested on his shoulders. Gina was carefully holding his back as we walked in. Mia & Brian made jokes about Jack trying to sneak away with them. I swore to thoroughly check their cases when it came time.