Family Time

Cass P.O.V

As we waited for our ride from the base, we had a mini party. We had plenty of reasons to celebrate. I appreciated the well-wishes from everyone. Rome was excited to spoil them & be the fun uncle. Of course, Tej had to egg him on by competing for favourite Uncle title. Dom smirked at them as he knew that was his title.

We were returned to the states after a long flight. We were at a new base. Biran, Mia & the kids were waiting for us. They were happy to see us after so much radio silence. They patiently waited as all of us explained what happened the last few weeks. They were amazed & horrified about everything. But, no one was surprised we got caught up in the mayhem.

After getting everyone to speed, we were ready to leave the compound. Everyone was placed into temporary housing. Mr. Nobody had a spacious safehouse for all of us to use. We appreciated his help & vacationed in the area as best we could. The city was recovering from our chaos. But, we didn't need much time. We had a few days until the family cookout where we would meet little Dom.

I was given a new doctor. She was very nice & was up to date on all my stresses. I was 4 months along now & was finally showing a small belly. I was comfortable with her & was confident in her skills. The baby was still kicking & was a girl. I was excited & shared the good news with everyone.

They were happy to brainstorm names. I appreciated the help. I took a few in mind. Tej suggested Rosa while Rome joked Letti or Mya. Brian teased him back about the kid being a girl. we all knew it hurt Rome's ego a bit to not being able to throw in his name. But, I had 5 more months to decide.

I enjoyed being with everyone. Mia was due in 2 months. She was right about having a girl. They were stuck on a 1st name too. But, they wanted the middle name to be mine. I was honoured & gave my permission. Letty had the next baby girl in the family. She was fine with that.

Dom & Letty took the peace to continue their honeymoon. It wasn't Cuba. We gave them as much privacy as possible. With an entire building to ourselves, it was easy to do. They were having fun being alone with each other.

Dom also needed help buying toddler supplies. We all pitched in to help. Mia & Brian were experts on this subject though. They did most of the shopping. The rest of us helped gift wrap it. It was crazy that he was a dad now. But, we assured him he & Letty were going to be wonderful parents.

~ 4 days later ~

It was finally time to relax together. The rooftop had plenty of space for us to use. We put together enough tables to seat the team & a few extra people. Dom invited my old SAS team & their families. We easily had 20 people confirmed. But, I was more curious about the leftover seats.

Dom reminded everyone to be kind towards Deck. I was beyond relieved that he was alive. Without him, I wasn't sure how I was going to break Owen out. There was no way I was going to ask Dom & everyone to risk it. I wasn't feeling great about asking the old team either. But, I needed him more than ever.

Everyone felt uneasy about having Deckard around. But, we weren't forgetting his help with rescuing Dom Jr. Brian & Mia had the biggest influence on changing everyone's thoughts. They had been harmed the most. But, they were willing to start over given how important he was with bringing down Cipher.

We were all gathered around the rooftop. It was summer so it was pretty warm. Everyone was staying cool in their summer clothes. I was wearing shorts & a light pink halter-top flowy blouse. I also wore some comfortable white vans. My hair was pinned up in a ponytail with one side braided.

Brian did everyone a favour by cooking most of the food. Tej & Rome fought over the ribs though. Gaz & the guys were having fun too. Everyone was nice to them & made them feel welcome. They seemed to be having a ball & mingled with everyone from time to time. I laughed too & nearly choked on my lemonade.

Mia kept me company as we took turns watching Jack. Dom floated around & played with Jack for a bit. But, he pulled away a little later after a corona refill to look at the view. Letty went to comfort him as we all knew he was anxious to get his son back.

We got a break from the sea of little kids & Hobb's daughter playing with him. We appreciated it since it was more time with everyone. Eventually, Mia & Brian were needed. I headed over to Rome & Tej. They were trying to get my advice about Ramsey. Both of them thought she was into them respectively. I didn't want to crush their hopes. I gave an optimistic response just before she came over.

"Hey guys. What are you talking about?" Ramsey innocently asked

"Ooh, you're going to regret asking that." I snickered, making them turn red

"Boys, who's 1st?" I egged on as I sipped on my drink

"I suppose it'll be me. Cause unlike mwah, I ain't afraid to share my feelings." Rome stepped up

"I get it, y'all have a lot in common. Computer hacks, God's Eye, geeks, nerds. You know. But, we got a lot in common too right?" Rome flirted as Ramsey laughed a bit

"Like what?" Tej interrupted

"We walk into a room & we're oozing sex appeal. Me & you hip to hip is a problem." He sold which made Ramsey laugh louder

"I'm asking you a real question right now. Is it gonna be Revenge of the Nerds or the Dark Knight?" Rome refocused, making sure to clown Tej

"To be honest I like both of you." She revealed which got both of them giddy as schoolgirls

"But, just before we get into all of that. Let me just ask you 1 question." Ramsey said, making me raise an eyebrow for the zinger

"You can ask me anything." Tej flirtily replied

"Anything." Rome copied

"What's my last name?" She asked

They were stumped & I was rolling. Rome's hand counting didn't help either. I quickly sat down to catch my breath as I watched their spectacular failure.

"When you guys figure it out then I guess you can let me know." She teased

"It's going to be Parker. That's all that really matters." Tej cockily replied as she walked away

"Jones." Rome argued

"Hey, Mrs. Parker." Tej said in complete hope

I was stuck consoling them. They were like little kids fighting over the new toy. I held back my laughs as I listened to their "debate". It went on until Deck came in with Lil'Dom on his hip. Everyone looked his way as the kid happily clung to him. I smiled at him as he seemed at peace. I smirked as I saw him dressed in Union Jack slip-ons.

We all watched him & Dom talk. Dom was very calm & appreciative. He noticed the shoes when he held his son. But, he made a quick joke before walking off to show Letty. With him free, I headed over.

"Hey, baldie." I grinned as he paced near the door

"Cassie lassie." He joked back. I quickly pulled him into a hug.

"I'm really glad you're alive, you wanker." I thanked as he held me tight

"Me too, twit." He chuckled as we pulled apart

"I can still toss you off the roof." I threatened

"You don't have the heart to. Not after my next gift." He scoffed

"What are you..." I questioned before seeing someone behind him