Chapter 1: Scouts Regiment {8}

Y/N's POV

We were told to gather for our regiment choosing. I was with Sasha and Connie when we reached there the sun was already set, I saw Mikasa, Armin walked in together, Jean was already there and Bertholdt, Annie and Reiner were standing separately, Crista and Ymir was together. I looked around and saw that, before the Titan attack there were more solider than the number of solider present here now. It means others are dead...

We all lined up we stand separately I looked front.

Then Commander Erwin walked in the Stage.

Commander Erwin: I am Erwin Smith, Commander of the Scouts Regiment.
Today, You will choose a military regiment.
Put bluntly, I am here to persuade to join the Scouts Regiment. During the Titan attack, you learned how terrifying they can be, and how limited your power is.
However! This battle brought humanity, closer to victory than it evar been.
Through Eren Jaeger's existence. By rising his own life he have proven himself, without a doubt that he is a friend of humanity. With his help we not only we did stop the Titan advance, but we have a way to discover there true nature!

"So that's what you wanted to know... Discover the truth of the Titan and retake Wall Maria. With the help of Eren, interesting." I thought to myself.

Commander Erwin: We believe that the basement Eren Jaeger's house in Shiganshina District, there will be the truth about the Titans that even Eren doesn't know. If we can reach the basement, we can find clue and finally end the century of the Titans.

"Basement? So if we get there we can end this? But no matter how many he recruits but publicizing a information like that...doesn't seems right to me, does he have something in his mind? What is he trying to see? " I thought to myself, just then Commander Erwin turned and looked at me, maybe he doesn't looked at me, but it feels like he did.

Commander Erwin: We will head to the basement in Shiganshina District, however to do that we have to reclaim the Wall Maria. Which is our original objective.

"Why is he saying basement since many times, what's in that basement!"

Commander Erwin: While doing the this kind of mission not even 60% people can make it. In four years most will be dead, but those who survived became with high fighting skills.
Knowing the discouraging fact, who still wants to risk there life will remain here.

"This way nobody will wants to join! "

Commander Erwin: Ask yourself, are you willing to offer your heart for humanity?
That's all who wants to leave the are free to leave.

"My heart for the humanity? Sacrifice myself for humanity? What humanity? You all thinks that you are human? You all are the one who becomes Titan... But why are saying like you care about humanity...? But still it felt different from where I belong... " I saw most of the solider were leaving the place, I saw that Annie was leaving as well.

Y/N: Annie...

"What's with my voice I can't say a word"
Eventually some solider stayed including Jean, Connie, Sasha, Ymir, Crista, Mikasa, Bertholdt, Armin, Rainer. "So they are the only one stayed"
I looked at the Commander.

Commander Erwin: Can you die if you are ordered to?

Y/N: I don't want to die, Sir!

He looked at me and smiled then looked front and said...

Commander Erwin: I see. I like the look on your face. Then I welcome everyone here to the Scouts Regiment!
This is a true salute!
He placed his right hand over his heart and said.