Chapter 16: Love

Previously:

The Big Three join the Emperor in the Quest of Destiny. They stumble upon the Island of Crystal, where they meet the powerful and stubborn Prince Adonis. The man quarrels with Christian over the issue of equality. After a struggle against Beelzebub and the Four-Winged Demon Bat and upon realizing he had only been making people suffer as he did, Adonis helps defeat the foes and save his Kingdom, restoring their hope in a meaningful existence. From this, the Emperor has gained another Gem.

Main quotes: “Hatred is the only thing love can become…when it is taken away.” (Christian)

“Do not give up. There are some things that you cannot change. Yet even if you fail countless times, in those countless times, I will never leave you. I will always be there to help you up. Just help yourself. Because I know how strong you are and it is because of your strength that I could fall on you every time. I know that you will never abandon your truth. I know you. And I love you.”(Sophia)

  October 12, 1205 A.D.

  IMPERIAL ARMY 42ND REGIMENT (NEWEST FORCE OF THE EMPIRE):

  COMPRISED OF: SHADOW SQUADRON, BLACK DIVISION, RECONNAISANCE TEAM AND

  INFILTRARTION TEAM

  Carlovale leads these men while the Captains of the Royal Guard resume their normal duties. He goes into a hidden tunnel far from the captured Dark Halls. He meets with the Blue Order in a different mountain hideout, completely distinct from the Middle Eastern environment.

  “Grandmaster of the Blue Order, I have brought you what you needed.”

  He shows him the Shield of Valor. “To complete your plans, you need this, do you not?”

  His attendants pick it up, who note how much weight it has.

  “To protect the Empire, we do what we must. I thank you.”

  “I have told the Emperor I did this for his glory, then asked if I could hide it in a safe place. He said I had total jurisdiction over my own find and so I brought it to you without his knowledge. It is in my discretion after all.” The men applaud for his work. “Good. Now keep spying on both sides and ensure none of them eliminate each other…until we do something about this Colored Order Crisis.” All but two orders remain: the Blue and Black or Dark Orders. “We shall defeat our enemies!” stands the Grandmaster. “Let us then march, Knights of God, towards the path to the True Light! Vanquish evil and protect the Empire!”

  “Verum in luce, illuminant mundum!” They all stand and cheer.

  Carlovale vanishes, smiling at himself for doing his best.

  Solus talks to Maria. It has been a while since they last spoke. “Dear friend, I feel pained right now.”

  “Why?” Then Master Recorder passes by and he smiles at them, which Maria strikes as odd.

  “He is…someone special to me, my father.”

  Raynen approaches Marcus and thanks him. “I owe you my life Marcus. If you had not brought me out of that crumbling palace, I would have died in vain. Thank you. You have been a true friend.”

  “I am glad that you are alive. Maria has stopped crying because you are alive.”

  Raynen smiles. “Say, can we…try sparring some time?” This surprised Marcus.

  “I have seen your swordsmanship. It may need a little work. Worry not. I can help you train.”

  “I see. So this is the secret Father has been hiding from you.”