Chapter 9: Vulnerability

Disclaimer: This chapter deals with male victim sexual assault. Please, please, just skip this chapter or don't read ahead if you are triggered by this topic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunwoo groaned. He hated waking up, even though he wasn't bad at it, he just preferred to sleep. It was just another day of work, although there were a few highlights.

...

"Sunwoo, photocopy this for me."

Y/n shoved the documents onto his chest, walking away.

"Are you too lazy to do them yourself?"

"Hmmm...yes, in fact, I am." She grinned, disappearing into the hallway.

"Sunwoo."

He felt a light tap on his shoulder. It was Detective Shin Jiyoon.

"Yeah?"

"As it's a boring Monday...I was wondering if you wanted to have that drink we agreed upon earlier."

"I can't, we have to go to Eurwangni beach this afternoon."

"Well, how about we get a drink on the job?"

He chuckled.

"It doesn't have to be an alcoholic drink, it can just be a coffee or tea. What do you say?"

He sighed. "Fine. But, it's a drink between colleagues, alright?"

"Of course." She beamed.

By the time they all had free time, it was almost 6PM, and by the time they had made it to Eurwangni beach, it was almost 7PM.

"We already pulled the CCTV footage, why are we here again?"

"They had a box full of USB's of glitched recordings from the past few months. They forgot all about them until they were cleaning it out this morning."

"Okay. I'll go with you, Detective Choi." Y/n nodded.

"What about us?"

"You two take the car and go to that baby clothing shop. Be back in an hour, though."

"Gotcha." Sunwoo smiled.

...

...

...

"Look at this! Isn't this adorable?!" Jiyoon held out another hanger of baby clothes, this time a boy's onsie.

"Yeah..." Sunwoo agreed unenthusiastically.

"Do you ever want kids, Detective Kim?"

He shrugged. "Maybe. But not right now."

"Right, of course." She laughed. "I'm sure you have some sort of plan agreed with your girlfriend, though, for the future."

"I don't have a partner at the moment." He chuckled awkwardly. "I'm too busy with work."

"Oh, well I hope you meet someone perfect for you."

"Thanks..."

"Detectives, here you go." The shop owner slid across a pile of paper, all with the receipts of the purchases from the past 6 months. There must have been hundreds of customers.

"Thank you."

The store owner glanced at Jiyoon, who was eyeing up the clothes on the shelf.

"We have some cheaper items in the back through that door...you can have a look there if you want."

"Really? That would be great!"

Jiyoon tugged Sunwoo by the sleeve, roping him into her sudden shopping spree.

...

The back room was dimly lit and filled to the brim with boxes of clothes, items that didn't sell and had to be put into storage. There was a dusty sofa in the corner, and Sunwoo sat himself down.

"My aunt's baby is 24 months old now, I wonder if they have things in here for him."

"Probably." Sunwoo scrolled through his phone, hoping to pass the time. "We should probably get back soon, Y/n wants the car in 25 minutes.

"25 minutes? That's plenty of time. It only takes 10 to drive back."

He scoffed. "Are we supposed to stay here for 15 minutes?"

"Maybe." She grinned.

Sunwoo felt a sudden pressure on his thighs, and he looked up, confused.

"What are you-"

She leant forwards, her legs straddling Sunwoo's waist. "I'm just tired, okay?" She lay her hands on his chest.

"No, don't-"

Her hair tickled Sunwoo's neck, and that's when he realised she was tantalisingly close. Her perfume lingered on his clothes; he was possessed by her fragrance.

"Be honest with yourself, haven't you thought about this before, not even once?"

Sunwoo was touch-starved, to say the least. He hadn't dated in 4 years. She pushed his chin up with her finger, as if casting a spell on him.

"Kiss me, Detective..." she grinned, staring lovingly at the man before him.

Sunwoo gasped a little when their lips met, and he wanted to beg her to stop. She was seductive, like a siren in the deep sea, she pulled him into the water with her virgin-like charm.

She forced the kiss deeper, her tongue sliding into Sunwoo's mouth. He sighed, his body stiff against the sofa. She placed his hand on her waist, gently tilting his chin back to have dominance over him.

Sunwoo's heart raced. He was slowly suffocating under her soft kiss. He grunted, slowly losing the breath to sustain the intimate moment any longer.

When she finally broke the kiss, Sunwoo took in a deep breath, his chest rising and falling. She moved her lips to his neck, stealing all of the strength in his body to push her away.

"Stop..." he winced, feeling her lips tighten around a sensitive area on his skin.

"You want me, Sunwoo...I know you do..." her hand grazed his crotch, her fingers itching to unzip his jeans. He regained his strength, as if a fire had exploded inside of him.

"Stop it!" He threw her onto the sofa beside him, trying to catch his breath back. He felt so insecure and unsafe.

Sunwoo threw his coat on, hiking up the collar to hide the red mark on his neck. He had no words left to say, but slammed the door behind him, grabbing the papers from the front desk.