Chapter 14: Untitled???

"Have you spoke with our suspect, Mr. Yoon, about the baby case yet?"

"No. But I do have it scheduled for 1PM." He tapped his pen on the desk.

"Okay. I'll join you if you want."

"Don't you still have to do the report about what happened in the apartment?" He teased.

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, but I can do that later. Plus, interrogating people is way more fun."

"Fun?" He scoffed. "Just by nature, there should be nothing fun about this job."

She shrugged. "I find it fun talking to you, though. But hey, you'll call for me when you start, right?"

"Like always."

"Great! I knew I could trust you." She pat his shoulder playfully.

[ 8 Hours Later ]

They had been interviewing the man for 5 hours already. He was prone to running off on tangents, talking about holidays to Japan that had nothing to do with the case. He explained them in great detail, even listing the exact time of the day he visited a specific restaurant.

That's why it was shocking when he was asked questions surrounding the crime, and suddenly his memory became fuzzy...

"Maybe he's suffering some sort of trauma, his brain could be blocking out specific memories."

She tilted her head, watching the man through the mirror. "I doubt it. He's had no history of amnesia related to trauma, he even grew up in an abusive household and I bet if you asked him about it, he would remember." She retorted.

Sunwoo rolled his sleeves up. "Should we test that theory?"

...

...

...

Mr. Yoon was interrogated for another two hours. Unsurprisingly, he explained his childhood abuse extensively, even remembering distinctive bruises that he had on his body at the time. It was clear something wasn't adding up, and the detectives knew this.

"We didn't get anything out of him." Sunwoo placed his file on the desk, leaning back comfortably into his desk chair.

"Can you look into if he has any family or friends that he's close to? I wonder if we can get his guard down if he's with someone he's close to."

Sunwoo nodded proudly. "I like your thinking. I'll do it now."

"Now? It's late..." Y/n looked at the clock. It was well past 11PM.

"I've got nothing to do right now."

"Really? Do you want to get a drink with me later then?"

"Sure..." he agreed blindly, already distracted by his need to research.

"You didn't hear what I just said, did you?"

"Huh?" He looked up naively.

She laughed. "Drink. With me."

"Oh!" He nodded. "Yeah, sure."

"Good. Meet me at the bar in half an hour."

"45 minutes." He argued.

She glared back.

"Okay~ half an hour it is..." he chuckled nervously.

"Good. It's a date, then."

"A date?!" He questioned, a little too loudly.

She gave him a strange look.

"Oh. Like...a 'date' as in a time...and a place..."

"Yeah. What sort of date...were you...?" She scoffed. "never mind."

[ 45 Minutes Later...]

Y/n had already waited half an hour. Sunwoo hadn't arrived, so she waited another quarter of an hour. He was late, which wasn't very unlike him. He was almost always punctual, whether he liked it or not.

Another half an hour passed, and Y/n kept herself busy, checking her phone every now and then whilst sipping at a blue cocktail.

"Guess he's not coming..." she sighed.

"Yeah, I know that feeling."

She turned her head to her right. There was a man sat next to her. He had light brown hair and charming look in his eyes. He was seemingly wallowing in his own sadness too, drinking a similarly coloured cocktail - although a little bit more purple.

"What feeling?"

"Being stood up." He pouted. "I came here waiting for a date, but...I guess she just didn't feel like it anymore."

"Oh..." she nodded.

"You?"

"Oh, I wasn't waiting for a date. I mean it was a date, but not a date-date."

"Oh...like a date as in a time that you schedule something for?"

"Exactly!" She chuckled, sipping on her drink.

"So...who was this 'date' with?"

"My coworker. I asked if he would join me for a drink and he said yes. We agreed on a time and..." she shook her head in disbelief. "I guess he forgot. It happens."

"It shouldn't happen, though." He smiled. He had a gorgeous smile, the sort that you would expect on a high school crush - one of those crushes that always stays a crush.

"You think so?"

"Yeah. If he cared, he would've remembered."

She scoffed. "I think he cares, I just..."

He shook his head adamantly. "He would've remembered if he cared. If it was me, I would definitely remember. After all, who would pass up the opportunity to have a 'date' with a beautiful woman like you?"

Y/n grinned sheepishly. "Thanks..."

"So...do you have somewhere to be, or would you be down to have a drink with me, instead?"

"Hm..." she shrugged, "I'd be down."

___________________________________________________

A/n: is anyone enjoying this so far? The chapter's name is weird, I know, but I kind of did it like that cause it's meant to be a random, sudden encounter between Y/n and another main character. ☺ so I thought it was fitting.

Thank you for reading this! I know I'm really new to this (this account at least) but this is the most success I've ever had with a short story on here...ever.

My tumblr: fluffyyunho
___________________________________________________