Chapter 17: Friendly

"Morning."

Sunwoo got up from the sofa, hair sticking up in all different directions. He looked cute when he woke up.

"Did you have to outrun a bear in your dream or something? You look crazy." She patted his hair down.

He chuckled. "Morning. What are you making?" His voice was gruff and low, he sounded more manly in the mornings.

"Just eggs and toast. Want some?"

"Sure. I've gotta go back to mine and change soon, though."

"We've got an hour and a half before we go in, so we have some time to kill."

"Great. That means I can go back to sleep." He rubbed his eyes.

"No~" she caught his arm and pulled him back. "You cook this. I'm gonna go wash up."

"Why can't I go wash up first?"

"Because you're cooking." She grinned. "But, if you burn the apartment down by the time I finish my shower, I'll be very disappointed."

"I'll do my best not to disappoint you."

"Thanks. See ya."

"Bye. Love you." He mumbled.

There was silence.

"I mean, n-not like-"

"Oh, no, yeah...I got what you meant." She blushed.

"Yeah." He rubbed his neck. "Like, you know...if you died, I'd be pretty sad..."

"Yeah. No, yeah." She gulped. "I mean, me too. If you died- I mean if I died, I'd also be sad. But I'd be dead so I couldn't be sad...but if you died...yeah, same."

"Yeah." He nodded, biting his lower lip.

"Well. Bye."

"Bye."

...

[ A few hours later... ]

"Detective Choi went around to Mr. Yoon's sister's house. She answered and she agreed to come in later. We're scheduling the interrogation now."

"That's great." Y/n poured sugar into her coffee.

"Have you spoken to Chanyoung yet?"

"Yeah, I did, actually. Hopefully, we're setting up a second date in a week or so."

"Oh...great." he smiled. "Well, good luck for that."

"Thanks." She grinned.

"Sunwoo."

Jiyoon walked in, holding a few files in her arms.

"I got those files you wanted. Where should I put them?" She beamed.

"Oh, just on my desk."

"Sure."

She left the room quickly.

"Ugh...she pisses me off." Sunwoo poured boiling water into his coffee.

Y/n chuckled. "I thought you were best buddies..."

He sighed. "No. Not after-" he paused. "Oh, doesn't matter."

"Not after what?" She gasped. "Oh, when she did that hickey on your neck?"

He shook his head. "No. It's fine."

"I'm curious now~ Did she try something else? I still think you should report her to the Chief, though."

He shook his head again. "It's fine. I'll deal with it."

She nodded. "Okay...but hey, you can talk to me about anything. It's not like I'd tell anyone."

Sunwoo thought about that for a while...

___________________________________________________

A/n: hey, so I lied. ✌✌ turns out this one is really short too 😭 I hope more people read this though. I'm still gonna finish it regardless but I want to hear more feedback/see more comments but there are only a few atm. Thank you for reading as always!
___________________________________________________