Chapter 27: White Lie

"How much longer do we have to wait for...?"

"Just a little bit longer." Sunwoo pouted, kissing her on the top of her head. She grinned happily.

Just then, the main doors burst open.

"Hello everyone." A seething man with greying hair emerged. "May I speak to the Chief?"

...

...

...

All four of them were gathered in the Chief's office. The older man had a tomato-red face, red from outrage after hearing what his daughter had told him. His daughter, in question, was stood near the door, arms folded. She had a constant sly smile on her face.

Sunwoo was sat in the chair in front of the desk, and Y/n was just off to the side, apprehensive but excited.

"I've heard news that your...," he glanced at Sunwoo, "Detective...here has been laundering money from our government fundings."

Chief gasped. "You can't be serious." She scowled at Detective Kim. "Do you have evidence of this?"

The man shifted in his chair. "My daughter knows all about it."

She smiled. "You see, I've been catching him at the mail boxes in the centre of town. He's been putting money in it for someone," she pursed her lips, "I don't know who, but it's not right."

The Chief furrowed her eyebrows. "Well, I have receipts here for any purchases...I can give you to them if you'd like?"

The man grumbled. "Yes. Please."

.

His eyes twitched. "This looks to be alright...but I'll have to bring them back with me to check."

"This is absurd!" Jiyoon sneered. "They're lying! They're covering this all up, I swear!"

"Don't you lie to me ever again! Making false accusations like this..." He turned his attention to the Chief. "I trust you know what to do with my daughter," he turned back to her, "I thought I raised you better..."

"But I'm not lying! Dad!"

"We're leaving."

The Chief turned her attention to the criminal Detective. "Detective Shin, seeing as you have spread false allegations about one of my trusted detectives. I have no choice but to fire you."

"No! You can't do that!" She screeched.

"Please leave by the end of the day. Thank you."

"What the hell?!" She was lost for words. "Ugh..." she stormed out of the room, squeezing past her own father.

Now there was the three of them left.

The Chief smiled. "I think that went pretty well...what do you guys think?"

Sunwoo grinned, and got up from his chair. "We did it!" He wrapped his arms around Y/n, hugging her tight and she giggled.

"I'm so glad this is all over..." She grinned, placing a light kiss on his lips.

"Okay, okay, show over. You guys can do that elsewhere." The Chief grimaced.

They laughed.

___________________________________________________

A/n: chapter 28 is the end...I'll post it later tonight (UK time).

Be patient~ 🥰🥰❤❤ thank you for reading! I recently passed 500 reads and I couldn't be happier! As of writing this, it's first on the #sunwoo hashtag!! Which literally might be the death of me...I'm so fucking happy, I never thought that'd happen.
___________________________________________________