Planes & Fairies | Nothing Compares to You

Author's note:

I am blown away that this lil honky tonk of a fan fic already has over 5,000 reads!  Thank you all so much for your support.  It means so much to me.

WARNING 🔞:  Smut, albeit emotional smut, is present here.  Please read at your own risk.

Find me on Twitter dizigirl1 and let me know what you think!  What did you wish the SCK writers had given you to resolve the amnesia plot?

Enjoy!

                          ──────⊱⁜⊰──────

Drawing in a deep breath and setting her tiny frame in a powerful stance, Eda makes a decision:

She is going to make Serkan Bolat proud.

                            ──────⊱⁜⊰──────

Eda wipes the condensation from the mirror and exhales deeply. It's been a long time since she cared to look, and the devastation of Serkan's disappearance etched into her face. Her lack of appetite and sleep has created sunken eyes and drawn cheeks. Her curls looking lackluster, having not been washed for days.

She is grief personified.

"You can do this, Eda. Serkan needs you to do this," she motivates as she looks down, spinning the magnolia engagement ring still on her right hand.

She recalls the look on Serkan's face as he slipped the ring on her finger for the very first time in the jewelry store. The ring should have been nothing more than costume jewelry for their fake engagement contract, but Serkan chose a unique designer piece. His eyes connecting with hers as he pushed the ring onto her finger, and she knew, even back then, that one day this symbol of love would be hers for real. It took them both a while to admit their feelings for each other, but Eda and Serkan were instantly and deeply connected.

She still has time, though – Serkan may be missing, but he's not gone. Eda still feels his lifeforce deep in her soul. Initially, she would share her belief of Serkan's return with her family and friends, but after a while, preferred to keep these thoughts to herself when she saw the awkward position it left everyone in. 

They didn't know what to say – should they console her, encourage her, or get her to acknowledge that Serkan was gone? She understood and knew to most, what she was saying sounded crazy and an act of pure denial. But she couldn't deny the truth. Her man was going to come back.

The only person she's been able to share her true feelings with is Aydan Anne - their bond growing since Serkan's accident. Late night conversations, dreams of his return, and the party they'll throw. Eda imagines Serkan walking through the door, his eyes seeking hers, and him holding her once again. Their lives restarting where they left off, and a future possible for them once more.

Eda is jolted from her reverie by Melo's clumsiness downstairs. And just like that, the pain returns, causing her to inhale sharply.

"I miss you so much, Serkan," Eda whispers to no one, wiping the tear that's slipped from her right eye. Bracing herself on the vanity, Eda closes her eyes and summons her resolve.

"OK, time to get to work," she says, nodding, finally leaving the safety of the bathroom for the unwelcoming world without Serkan Bolat.

                            ──────⊱⁜⊰──────

Leyla does a double-take looking out of the reception windows when she sees Serkan's black BMW pull up to the front of Art Life. Her broken heart knows that it's not Serkan but is thrilled to see Eda has finally surfaced. Leyla runs to the front door and throws herself in Eda's arms before she's even made it through the door. Melo chuckles, seeing the dark-haired diminutive pack such a force that Eda almost loses her balance.