Planes & Fairies | Epilogue

Author's Note:

Thank you (again) for all your love and support through this story's journey.  I have loved writing Planes & Fairies, and am going to miss this version of Edser.

All my love,
Amelia

P.S.  All the usual warnings.  Don't forget to vote!!

WARNING 🔞🔞: Mature scenes and profanity are present in this week's chapter. Please read at your own discretion.

Find me on Twitter dizigirl1 or comment below and let me know what you think of our final epilogue.

──────⊱⁜⊰──────

Previously on Planes & Fairies:

"Eda, my everything, will you marry me?"

I'm gonna love you 'til
My lungs give out
I promise 'til death we part like in our vows

So I wrote this song for you, now everybody knows
That it's just you and me 'til we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

"Evet, Serkan Bolat!! A thousand times, evet!"

──────⊱⁜⊰──────

Almost 4 years later

Breathless panic. This is all happening so quickly.

Serkan presses his fingertips to his neck, checking his pulse. He's sure he's going to pass out. Gulping hard, he closes his eyes, trying to steady his breathing. For God's sake, Serkan...GET IT TOGETHER! His thoughts are broken when Eda's soft hand slips into his.

"Serkan? Baby? A little help?"

His break is over. Serkan's eyes snap to his wife sitting in the hospital bed beside him. Her eyes are jammed shut, and her hands now hold her belly as she endures another massive contraction. Eda's been in labour for 4 quick hours, and the nurses estimate she's got another hour or so to go before she'll be ready to push.

Serkan quickly jumps back into action, grabbing the cool washcloth from the basin beside him, lovingly mopping the sweat from Eda's forehead, and offering his other hand for her to squeeze with her murderous "lady-in-labour" grip.

"You're doing so great, my love. Just a little longer," he coaxes. "He's almost here. You're doing so great. Breathe, baby. Breathe. That's it. That's it...," he whispers as Eda descends the mountain of pain - lulled again to a brief quiet.

"Serkan, I...I don't think I ca..." she whimpers, and he plants soft, little kisses over her forehead and her resting eyelids.

He takes some of her perfume and applies it to the wet washcloth, gently rubbing it over her wrists and arms – the action soothing her and the scent reminding her of Paris, where he had the fragrance created especially for her. Eda smiles contentedly at the memory of Montmartre. They'd finally made it there to celebrate their 3rd anniversary, fulfilling Serkan's promise from before their first wedding.

They roamed the streets, "Kiraz-free", eating everything in sight before returning to their hotel room, bellies full.

Flashback

The way he's looking at her makes her insides melt and she stops her exuberant chatter mid-sentence. Eda never thought it was possible for him to desire her this much - after everything they've been through over the last 5 years – wading through life, sleepless nights, and a sea of never-ending diapers.

But there he stands, the door to their hotel suite barely closed, silently watching her as she removes her jacket. Eda's never more beautiful than when she's just being herself – unaware that anyone is watching.