Destroyed Pt 2

Author's note:  Cause y'all sounded so sad in the comments and DMs...here's part 2. 

Another quickie oneshot, so pls excuse the errors.

Lemme know what you think in the comments or on twitter dizigirl1

⭐️⭐️⭐️

Previously:

"Goodbye my love. I'll be gone by morning."

⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Sevgilim? Sevgilim?...SERKAN!?" Selin calls, struggling to get her fiancé's attention from across the kitchen.

Serkan turns to see Selin striding towards him, his eyes looking in her direction, but straight through her. He tries to focus but can't.

How could he? He can't feel anything other than the heat of her handprint seared into his cheek, and her parting words, "Goodbye my love. I'll be gone by morning."

Oh, God. What have I done!?

Serkan looks at Selin in shock as she takes his hands in hers.

"Askim, what happened!? I just saw Eda leave. What did she do that you look so pale?" Selin chastises, placing her hands on Serkan's face, checking his temperature. "God, the sooner she's out of this business, the better for all of us," she adds, angrily.

He recoils at the feel of her hands on his skin. It doesn't feel right. It doesn't feel like Eda.

Because it's not her. You've destroyed any hope of that, Serkan.

"Don't," he whispers.

Selin looks back with a questioning face, "Askim?"

She turns cold as she watches Serkan step back from her, the look of horror etched all over his face.

"Don't touch me. Wha...what did you do, Selin?" he questions, ripping his hands from her. He's going to be sick.

He doesn't even understand what he's asking. He's just struck by the conviction that it's not Eda who's the deceitful, manipulative one.

Selin rolls her eyes and stammers, unsure if Serkan really knows more than he's letting on, but careful not to offer up anything incriminating.

"I...I don't know what that woman said to you, but this is exactly what I'm talking about, Serkan. She did this to you the last time...confused you. Made you turn away from me – the person who knows and loves you best! Don't let her get into your head, Serkan."

Serkan continues to eyeball the woman he's chosen to become his wife – his childhood friend. His body is screaming.

God, I don't want this!

His heart aches, and he knows this isn't the truth. The way Eda just looked at him as she laid her whole heart bare in front of him proves that she isn't who Selin's painted her to be.

Her pain was real. There's no way anyone could fake that. He stared deep into her eyes as her soul showed him the image of the man he once was.

He was a good man. A man who'd experienced love and had been able to give it in return.

Serkan gulps hard, realising that he looks nothing like that man now, and his heart breaks.

"I don't believe you," he hisses.

"Serkan! I told you this would happen. Eda..."

"EDA NOTHING!" he screams, losing control. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!? To my family!? TO EDA!!!!" The horror of the last two months slams into his guts. The realization of that his best friend has kept him from the life that he so desperately wanted.