18. Forever

Last chapter!

---

Kate Rory P.O.V.

I'm still not comfortable with Destiny being here. Fighting stupid Hollywood film directors is one thing, but this is an army of homicidal Nazis from another earth.

But knowing she can fight is a small comfort. Still, I'm not letting her out of my sight.

All of us are currently lined up before the army of Nazis. To which the Führer gives the command: "Kill them all!"

We patiently wait for them to close in on us, not showing any sign of fear. But when they're close enough, we attack, me turning invisible too.

Only armed with a knife this time, it isn't as easy to kill them. It may be inconvenient, but I feel much more comfortable with the blade.

And I still manage to kill or injure many. Unfortunatly after a while I feel a bullet rip through me, or more precisely, my leg. There are just too many of them to keep my eye on.

I suppose I'm lucky that it isn't my heart or head. But my legs give out and my powers too. I become visible and vulnerable in the middle of the field.

"Kate!"

The voice sounds distant, but it's clear who's voice it is: Sara.

Before I know it, she's kneeling next to me. "Stay with me."

I blink a couple of times, making sure I'm not hallucinating because of the bloodloss. And I'm not. But she's exposing herself too, which I don't want. "I'm fine."

Seeing the disbelieving look on her face, I look at the wound on my leg which is much more ugly than I thought. So I add: "Ish."

A soldier charges at us, to which Sara gets up to fight him. Judging by how hard it is for Sara to defeat him, he's a very good one.

But then I notice two other Nazis coming at me. I try to get up, reaching for my knife in the process. Unfortunatly, my knife is just too far away and I can't seem to move my leg.

I can only watch them come closer and closer, seeing my life pass by. Guns are pointed in my direction, the whole world slows down, and in one last effort I throw a rock at one of them.

It was a futile effort. Everything is so blurry I missed the Nazi.

It's over.

"Aaaaaaaggggghhh!"

"Aaaaaaaggggghhh!"

Each of them lets out a cry of pure agony, crumbling to their knees and even crying if I'm not mistaken.

Still in a daze, I frantically look around. I see Dahlia, her totem glowing a violent purple and anger written all over her face.

Three Nazis charge at her, all awaiting the same fate as those screaming besides me.

But then my sight gives out and the world around me becomes darkness.

---

It's been a while since I woke up in the Medbay. It feels weird to be in the chair for a change.

"Mom, you're awake."

I look to my right to see Destiny, causing me to smile. But that only lasts for so long as I recall what happened. "Wait, did we win?"

She nods. "Yeah, we won."

With a sigh of relief, I sit back in the chair. "And everyone made it?"