1K 'special' series Jungwon version

note: This is based on the time Jungwon was declared the leader and everyone's wigs were snatched.

Not many knew but Jungwon was a bit scared of his position as a leader. He knew each and every action and decision he takes will now have a huge impact on the group and neither his age nor lack of experience would be able to save them. Hence he started acting very mature and remained serious most of the time. He had become very aware of the words he is speaking ever since he became a trainee but now he was so cautious, that he started speaking very small and short phrases. He over-thought everything so much that he unknowingly became very strict with enhypen. This affected everyone as the group atmosphere became very tense. Even Jay couldn't neutralize it. He became very tense and unenergetic which was very non-Jungwon like thing.

Members understood that Jungwon is under a lot of pressure, becoming a leader was never easy especially at such a young age. He doesn't only have to balance his practice but also his school work and leader duties. But once Jungwon started getting snappy at every little thing, Jake asked the hyung line for a separate discussion and pleaded Jay to make sure maknaes' don't know about it.

So after a very tiring practice, Jay made sure that the maknae's fall asleep. Heeseung and he had to do special provisions for the same like playing slow soft songs in the background, bribing them with an offer to lie down in their laps. Niki and Jungwon were lying on Jay's lap as he rubbed his hands through their hairs. Sunoo was enjoying Heeseung's lap all to himself. Given how much they were tired from the practice and Jay ensuring that they ate more than required, they fall asleep quite soon.

Now came the difficult part. Heeseung and Jay carefully removed themselves and placed the pillows Jakehoon were hiding all this time as they quietly slipped from the room.

"Jay, are you alright?" heeseung asked gently rubbing his hands on creases on Jay's forehead.
"I feel like he is all grown up all of a sudden. I don't remember the last time I saw his bunny smile." {is that the right name for Jungwon's smile, idk}

Heeseung agreed with Jay on this. He didn't think transferring of duties from him to his son would have such a huge impact on him. He was literally a kid. He wouldn't admit he sometimes felt guilty of asking Jungwon to accept the leader position. He hates to see the pain in Jungwon's eyes, jungwon is like his son, always has been. Even during I-Land Heeseung tried to keep him under his cover, to protect the younger. But ever since he became the leader, he refuses to accept that protection Jay and Heeseung wanted to offer.

"Don't hyung. I know what you are thinking." Jay's voice brought Heeseung out of his thoughts as he felt a small hand wrap around his arm.
"It's not your fault, I promise you that. Jungwon is just young and as we have experience of leader, we need to guide him. He needs to understand and know that telling his concerns in not equivalent to being a burden. And that you would like your happy kid back."

Heeseung couldn't stop the laughter that escaped his mouth at the last statement. Always trust mom to improve the mood. He couldn't help but take his hand out of Jay's hold as he wrapped them around his shoulders instead, bringing Jay into a tight (and suffocating if you ask Jay) hug placing his head next to his neck.

Trust someone to break the moment.

"Looks like our parents are becoming bold." Sunghoon's voice made Jay break out in a useless struggle against heeseung's iron grip.

"aawwww.... Our mom is shy Hoon. Let's go and give our parents a bit of free time.

Both of them turned around and started walking extra slowly to the dressing room where they were going to have this conversation.

Before they could walk much faster they felt their ears being twisted.

"AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" they yelled together, their voices echoing the corridor.